Recommendation for Cordless Handheld Hoover

John K

We tried the different models in our local Curries super store, and most admit were sold with a high spec V8 model, as it was expensive we had not got round to purchasing though when a friend told us of a deal on the basic V6 model. At the price we decided to go for it, I'm glad we did. the reality is that we would probably have not used the extra bits and bobs that came with it. the V^ has done everything we could have asked of it.

On Dysons as a whole we've had a couple and found them generally very reliable, they do need some maintenance, which is easily forgotten, when we have had problems they are straightforward to dismantle and there are excellent guides on line. the real benefit is an excellent 5 year warrantee phone them up explain the problem and they will initially talk you through possible fixes, if not they will either send a replacement part or an engineer. 

23 minutes ago, Rhett - Joint Black Country AO said:

a friend told us of a deal on the basic V6 model.

I was umming and ahhing about this last night...

The difference on Amazon between the V6 and V8 is £150 to £200.

And this will be just for 'dusting' all my tech and study desk etc.

We've got a Dyson Pet Cylinder for the house and I've got a Henry for the DIY (note to all Dyson owners / DIYers, do not use a Dyson to hoover up brick dust - it blocks the venturies and b*******s them permanently)

So perhaps a V6 is the way to go.

I wonder if they do a Boxer 4..?  

Just now, John K said:

I was umming and ahhing about this last night...

The difference on Amazon between the V6 and V8 is £150 to £200.

And this will be just for 'dusting' all my tech and study desk etc.

We've got a Dyson Pet Cylinder for the house and I've got a Henry for the DIY (note to all Dyson owners / DIYers, do not use a Dyson to hoover up brick dust - it blocks the venturies and b*******s them permanently)

So perhaps a V6 is the way to go.

I wonder if they do a Boxer 4..?  

That's very similar to us, I've a Henry in the garage, plus another Vac with a power take off I use for extracting dust when i'm using a chop saw etc. We then had the Dyson for general use in the house. I'm not sure how long we've had the V6 - late last summer I think  - but I could count on one hand the number of times the corded dyson has been used.

1 minute ago, Rhett - Joint Black Country AO said:

then had the Dyson for general use in the house

So would you describe the Dyson as the "daily driver"..? :getmecoat:

• Like 1

Likewise, I've got a Henry in the garage for any heavy duty cleaning, (a wet and dry version, which is great for shampooing car or house carpets to really get them clean.)

What this thread shows is...

a) we are all far more domesticated than our macho posturing would lead folk to believe

b) we do seem to believe in the right tool for the right job

In the same way as we have different cars to do different things, Westies for sunny days and giggles, regular sports cars to make going to Tesco fun and a boring DD for going to the office / train station (DERVs don't count, you are just perverts)

We seem to do the same with hoovers. One for the house, one for the garage and a cordless one just in case we want to run about pretending to be a Navy SEAL

Ah yes, the final point, no man with any sort of soul, has not at some point picked up a Dyson cordless and gone into full "lock 'n load" mode, blasting away at imaginary targets. Ssh, though, don't let anyone find out ;):blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

at some point picked up a Dyson cordless and gone into full "lock 'n load" mode, blasting away at imaginary targets.

Were you "sweeping" the perimeter..?

• Like 1

dyson... got 2 ... the newer one is even better than the older one! compared to the henry these could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

they have a nifty extendable tube with nice soft brush

13 minutes ago, dombanks said:

they have a nifty extendable tube with nice soft brush

Do I just have a pervy mind or is that as kinky as it sounds..?

• Like 1

I'd not ever buy the wife a rechargeable hoover.  Firstly she'd divorce me...    Nothing she has, ever has charge.   No amount of convincing that her I-phone needs charging every day has any effect.   So that is constantly empty and she then says its it's fault..  " I only charged it the other day!", or "it had 30% yesterday!"...    Her car is the same but with fuel, it never has petrol in it... and then she comes out with comments like she put £20 in it last week.  ..  A chargeable  hoover would be exactly the same.   We'll stick with power corded.

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Ah yes, the final point, no man with any sort of soul, has not at some point picked up a Dyson cordless and gone into full "lock 'n load" mode, blasting away at imaginary targets. Ssh, though, don't let anyone find out ;):blush:

As long as you kept your clothes on it's ok.

please tell me this is true ?

Yeah, no naked ninja antics here! 

Thank goodness for that. My mind was starting to get horrible images :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep This thread is no good without pictures (or video). Something will need to be arranged...