Cool(ing) question

Quinten

Well, won't there be a risk of overheating?  I know my Crossflow fan would come on regularly whilst waiting in traffic, or at a traffic light...

The fan I have is quite a beastie and would not transfer over without some major fabrication to the polo rad.

FWIW, I have a polo rad as well, but I can't mount that without the brackets from Westfield (or make my own) and it would still need a fan.

I can't find any 1/8npt to M22 adapters - the only thing that comes close is one of these

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/electronic-fan-controller-with-1-8npt-male-thread-efc1-8npt

More expense I know but those adjustable ones are great for fine tuning when you want the fan to kick in.

A cheaper solution if you want to use a standard M22 switch would be to get an M22 collar welded (brazed) on in place of the 1/8npt one - something like the brass one here

http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/copy_of_EFC__M22_Bosses_and_Plugs.html

Colin

Cheers @tisme, that's helpful.  As nice as the electronic fan controller is, the price is not.  And if I have to resort to welding on a 22mm collar, then I may as well modify the old 'hockey stick' I have (the one with the take off that they used to do) instead of this new one.

I've spoken to Westfield who confirms the nut is for a temperature gauge sensor.  No point in returning the item as I won't get my delivery costs back (which were substantial) so I will offer it up for sale here and get my money back that way.

One of these may also work and its not quite as expensive 

• Like 1