NW Kit Car Run in the Peak District Sun 8th Jan

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The North West Kit Car Owners Group are coming to the Peak District on Sunday 8th January (going through Chatsworth and up Winnats Pass) and we are joining them, does anyone else want to come along? You can meet them at Capesthorne Hall, SK11 9JY at 11am or you can meet us at 11.30am near Buxton.

I have only just got the route so if there is anyone who wants to meet us then shout up, I will sort out a good meeting place and publish it on here.

It's only the first weekend of the year and there are 2 events on, oh my it's going to be a good year so put plenty of mileage allowance on when your insurance renewal arrives.

• Like 1

Really fancied this one, but we have visitors.

H N Y, hope to see you and Mo in the spring. Good times ahead.

I was so looking forward to today and meeting lots of new people, and the day did not disappoint. It started off with Big Andy and Debbie calling for us at our house, and they came with Trevor from Worksop in his Tiger. 3 cars went to Buxton and Martyn and Sue, car 4, soon arrived. IanK gave me a quick call to say the main group were having sat nav problems and they were on their way. It's OK we were only getting a bit wet in the drizzly but persistent rain.

They all soon arrived, shame it was at the same time as a group of ramblers.

Right, time to find the second Trevor, the organiser, and change everything. The route was altered to go through Chatsworth the opposite way and the lunch stop was changed. 'You had better lead then Julie' Trevor said, as he handed me a walkie talkie headset. It was great, I could talk to Trevor near the back of the group as we went along, so we all stayed together and nobody got lost.

Lunch was at the Travellers Rest, Bradwell

DSC09716.JPG

In total there were 12 kit cars, a Porsche, a MX5 and a VX220. Thats a lot of new people, which meant a lot of talking, making it later than expected, so the group split up from here at 3pm. It did finally stop raining, when we were about 20 minutes from home, and it was colder than yesterday, so under the circumstances that's not a bad turn out for January. It must be something in the water in the North West because the Wirral/North Wales group had 9 Westfield's out today too, that is just brilliant, don't you think?

Thanks to everyone for coming today, extra to Martyn and Sue, Big Andy and Debbie, there was IanK, Rickyboy100 and Phil, (who goes as Lollydox?0 from our club.

• Like 2

Great day folks. Even if it ended with a two truck journey home (I suspect my fuel pump is dead). @lloydox I like the new name, @Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO given you :cry:

• Like 2

Meeting at Buxton, picture pinched off face book, thank you Trevor Harmer.NWKCOG.jpg

And, if you buy this month's Complete Kit Car magazine you can read about Trevor's European trip.

• Like 1

Heck, I trotted down to WH Smith today to buy the Complete Kit Car magazine and on the same page as Trevors article there was my car staring back at me.DSC09733.JPG

• Like 4

Really? what else have I been doing?

• Like 1

Cars and Coffee at GBS, must have been the one before, I'll bring the magazine next time I see you.

• Like 2

We were at Poole's Cavern yesterday. Completely missed you which is a shame! Glad you had a good run out although the weather was awful.

Luke.

• Like 1

On closer inspection of the photograph you can see that Glen and I have our faces in the barbq, and stood nearby is @AndrewBClarke and @MartynV with Claire. The Westfeld's proper bombed that shot then.

• Like 2

Looks like I may have to get a copy of the magazine too as my car also features in the picture! 

BTW Sue is also in the picture although mostly obscured by Andrew!