What's the best place you've ever been?

TAFKARM

I've done the Grand Canyon, Niagara and Iceland.  The Grand Canyon wins as an individual spectacle but, yes, Iceland very close second and more different things to see there.  I'll go back to both but won't go back to Niagara (and I flew the falls in the front seat of a helicopter) - I actually think Gulf Foss in Iceland is better than Niagara Falls.  And if you do go to Iceland, whatever you do don't miss Jokulsarlon.  It's a long drive from Rekjavik but I wouldn't have missed it for anything

Of the places I've been the swamps of louisiana just about win for me. Amazing place, like another planet. For perspective I'd put it above the Grand Canyon (let down for me), lived in South Korea for 6 months and got the ferry over to Japan, Lapland, seen the Pyramids, Chichen Itza at the equinox which was pretty amazing and done a fair bit of Scubd Diving. Probably some stuff I've forgotten about too but my point was it was flying round a bayou on a fan boat messing around with the 'gators that really got me.

Golden gate Bridge and Alcatraz too, they're up there as pretty cool places. The bridge is crazy to drive over.

Self drive safari holiday in Namibia was an amazing experience. They are all locations, Victoria falls,Niagra, Alaskan glaciers, Cape Town, Moscow, St Petersburg, Thailand just do them all if you can

Switzerland 2011 301.JPG

Switzerland does it for me. The Bernese Oberland. This is the North Face of the Eiger which has a fascinating history as in the past climbers have died trying to reach it's summit. If you go there Russ, try and go on The Glacier Express, which is a train journey that takes you right through Switzerland's very stunning scenery. July is a good month to go and it is only 1.5 hour flight from Birmingham. The chocolate isn't bad over there too.

• Like 1

Either San Diego, St Lucia, Mauritius, or Barbados please.  Just came back from Barbados and could happily retire there if I hit the lottery.

Ooooh there's so many, as Robin says Iguazzu is amazing as long as your prepared to get wet, we also flew over them in a Helicopter.

But for me it has to be Bangaram Island in the Lakshadweep islands, off the west coast of India.

No roads, no motor vehicles, no tv, no radio, no internet, no phones, just a total chill out set in a turquoise lagoon, we learned to dive there in 1998 and we've been back once since.

Diving at Sipidan Kapalai resort just off Borneo, amazing dives and incredible place, you could only get there by boat and it was just stunning, even for the wife who wasn't diving. 

http://www.sipadan.com/Kapalai-Resorts.php?gclid=CjwKEAiA7ejCBRDlp8uF6ezPnjoSJAAPED7MTTUBZgz6ZWDcROVTHS90Cyor1GdpylD3zF7_OOcNVhoC4Ejw_wcB

Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Great Barrier Reef. Off to New York in February hopefully so glad to see it on the above replies. Would really like to go on a Safari in Kenya too in the near future.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Ooooh there's so many, as Robin says Iguazzu is amazing as long as your prepared to get wet, we also flew over them in a Helicopter.

But for me it has to be Bangaram Island in the Lakshadweep islands, off the west coast of India.

No roads, no motor vehicles, no tv, no radio, no internet, no phones, just a total chill out set in a turquoise lagoon, we learned to dive there in 1998 and we've been back once since.

Eek, no internet and WSCC Paul? How's that a holiday? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Eek, no internet and WSCC Paul? How's that a holiday? 

It's funny how we are all different.  There are a few on here that I would list on my 10 places you have visited that you wouldn't rush to return to !!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

Diving at Sipidan Kapalai resort just off Borneo, amazing dives and incredible place, you could only get there by boat and it was just stunning, even for the wife who wasn't diving. 

Speaking of diving - did some Cenote diving in Mexico at Dos Ojos - that was pretty memorable. That part of Mexico is also one one my favourite holiday locations.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Deanspoors said:

Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Great Barrier Reef. Off to New York in February hopefully so glad to see it on the above replies. Would really like to go on a Safari in Kenya too in the near future.  

Done all of them except New York, the safari is booked for next April :)

Bangaram 1998 our 25th wedding Anniversary.

bangaram scuba.jpg

The Madives are quite nice. 2003

DSCF0013.JPG