Croft Friday 2nd Dec (Videos added)

Andrew

Have just made a late decision to do the Javelin day at Croft this Friday, 2nd Dec. It's a 105db day, and currently only £99 with 15 places left. BBC weather man who tells no lies, ;) assures me the rest of the week will be dry, ensuring some dry track at some point.  

Bit late, but anyone else fancy it?

:t-up:

23 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Mind you, I would so love to take the BGH E6 for a spin!

It took me a while to work out you weren't talking about an old British Leyland Sports car! :)

Croft with Javelin.
        Rained on the way to the circuit, but that was it for the day.. by the time we'd been briefed and got the sighting laps out of the way the circuit was dry enough for slicks. One part of the track however stayed damp off line all day, Barcroft and Sunny in. The other problem was that there's been a Rallycross event last weekend I think.. so from the braking area of Clervaux  right round to the chicane was dusty as hell! Plus that part of the track was heading into a low sun early on.. not the best.
        The day wasn't a sell out, so not much in the way of queues, and not too many rad flags. A 620R didn't do it's self any favours when it clattered into the Armco in the complex, and a BMW went off somewhere and bent a few panels, other than them I didn't see much in the way damaged cars.
        My car has developed a miss fire however.. It started at the last day I did at Knockhill. I was certain it was fuel related, so changed filters and all flexi pipes in case one was getting kinked. Need to do some more thinking on that one...:(
        Will get some videos up probably over the weekend. :t-up:

DSC_1547c.jpg

DSC_1528c.jpg

DSC_1536.JPG

• Like 1

Can't argue with that weather for December! I've never done Croft, maybe one for next year. 

What happened with the 620R?

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Can't argue with that weather for December! I've never done Croft, maybe one for next year. 

What happened with the 620R?

I didn't actually see what happened, he went off in the complex area of the circuit. Car looked badly damaged front and rear, :(

Couple of videos from the day's happenings..

First one is chasing a rapid Beemer: (You can see what a mess the Rallycrossers made!)

and the second one, is some rear footage from the morning.. having a race with my shadow! followed by a few laps at the end of the day, getting dark, lights on with a bit of drizzle starting.. nice. :d