• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Tittersworth Reservoir, Leek Sun 27 Nov

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Everyone seemed to arrive early at The Wheatsheaf and I see no-one saved me a parking space. Trevor, Dave, Martyn and Sue, and Andy and Debbie your names are on ze list

DSC09488.JPG

A nice surprise visit from Alan completed the gang

DSC09490.JPG

We set off to Tittersworth on a new road that by-passed Bakewell and it's busy Christmas market. The road to Sheldon, it was empty, up and up and on and on, brill I don't think I will ever go through Bakewell again. Over the tops we went, under Ramshaw Rocks and into the car park, almost on the 'sea' front.

DSC09493.JPG

DSC09496.JPG

We had arrived early as planned so we could huddle around Andy's warm engine, oops, no, I mean so we could fix Andy's car......

• Like 1

Andy needed his carbs balancing. Trevor had balanced 3 on a previous meeting but the screw was jammed on the fourth. Andy has since freed it and Trevor balanced all four. Martyn was delighted to see that Andy had the same Dellorto carbs as he has and he joined in, trying to fathom out if they were 40's or 45's. While this was happening on the front end Andy had the rear end jacked up in order to remove his new wheel spacers. They were too wide and were causing the tyres to rub on the wing. Dave added his really technical touch by chocking up the front wheels with a large stick, Glen was getting high sniffing the petrolly air filters and I was guarding the warm air that was rising off the engine. Imagine my delight when they fired it up to set the idle speed.

DSC09498.JPG

DSC09499.JPG

DSC09500.JPG

Having built up an appetite we went into the cafe for lunch, cake, scones, lemon meringue pie, heck we were hungry. Soon it was time to go to the bank. Slowly and respectfully we drove through the cute little village over the road, before launching ourselves up another new road, Thorncliffe Bank. A nice steep, slightly twisty road that leads up to the Mermaid Inn and empty moorland roads. Dave turned off for home here while we wiggled through a lovely winter sun soaked Peak District for a final cuppa at Newton House, Ashbourne. I am not sure if it is all the fresh air but the conversation can get very bizarre at this time of day, it's a good job we are not drinking alcohol or God only knows what subjects we would cover. 

Well done to Dave for making it out, of the car that is. It's the Santa Run next weekend, so hopefully AndyR and Bioman will join us. Everyone is welcome, although it might be a drop in at the deep end if anyone new joins us. 

I might be busy until then :p :love:

DSC09505.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevturtle said:

Ooooo errrrrr 

And another ooooo errrr missus! :o

• Like 1

Yes it was a very interesting day from repairing my car to tie wraps lol Julie

I managed to get a few pic of us driving there is still more to follow 

20161127_142734.jpg

20161127_142822.jpg

20161127_142914.jpg

Not yet..  it was a future proposal.

No connection to rear impacts.. if that helps?

Tick tick tick......

Julie and Glen should keep their bedroom activities to themselves. 

50 minutes ago, RussH said:

Julie and Glen should keep their bedroom activities to themselves. 

There lies the problem. They're 'at it' most weekends out and about around the peak district and Julie's even won awards! :p

• Like 1