Tittersworth Reservoir, Leek Sun 27 Nov

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, 10.30 am for a run through the Peak District to finish up at Tittersworth Reservoir, Leek for lunch. I will post which day it will be nearer the time when we have an idea on the weather forecast.

Post up your preferred date just in case we are lucky and get both days with good weather.

Who is coming? 

SUNDAY 27TH NOVEMBER

• Like 1

hi Julie

it sounds good count us in depends on the weather of course and the day if its sunday then yes lol :westy:  :westy:  :westy: 

Sunday ok for me...as long i don't get too damp.

heated gloves out i think

• Like 1

Should be ok for Sunday, too. Can't do Saturday I'm afraid.

• Like 1

You make my life easy, Sunday it is then. Sounds like we are in for a spell of settled weather for a week or so, meaning it should be nice all weekend.

Title edited to Sunday 27th November, 10.30 am, The Wheatsheaf, Baslow

• Like 1

Sunday ok for me...as long i don't get too damp.

heated gloves out i think

hi trev

sorry to be a pain but if you coming on sunday can you look at my carbs lol as that screw is free now cheers :d  :d  :d  :d  :westy:  :westy: 

• Like 1

yep no problem I'll bring the tools etc.

We can make it better, but probably not fix it completely.  

I think we may be battling with a twisted throttle spindle, which would be better to fix with the carbs off.

If it can be so cold that Julie can't add enough layers to stay warm, we may get a few weeks off over winter and then we can take the carbs off to fix it.

• Like 2

No chance pal  :laugh:

• Like 2

Glad it is confirmed for Sunday as we cannot do Saturday! Hope the weather holds out  :yes:

I have a WARNING and I also have some good news.

WARNING Please can everyone come with full fuel tanks because the Christmas Market is on in Bakewell again so there will be no opportunity to get fuel. Last week we sat with Stuart in stationary traffic and had to three point turn due to the traffic jam that the market caused.

I have planned the route to avoid Bakewell which takes us 'off piste' and there are no petrol stations. It will be 28 miles from Baslow to Tittersworth Reservoir.

The good news is that afterwards we are going to the 'bank'  :t-up: which is on the way home and I have even sorted it so it is on Dave's way home, which isn't bad to say he lives in exactly the opposite direction to everyone else. It's a great road, steep and in a National Speed Limit area.

From Tittersworth reservoir it is approx 25 miles to the petrol stations in Matlock or Ashbourne. 

Looking forward to it.

Julie

Sorry guys and girls but I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

'Roary' currently has a Christmas tree growing to full height and I'm working on some of the mechanics.

I'm still intending being there for this tomorrow, but if I'm not there by 10.30, go without me!

I've done something to either my leg or damaged/trapped another nerve, so although I can walk, sitting in certain positions is, er, "not good*", if I'm not there, and you've not heard from me, it means I could get into the car OK, but couldn't get out again at the petrol station to fill up! :laugh: and drove, very carefully home, where I'm waiting for a Neighbour to get up, so that I can ask them for help getting out of a stupid little sports car :blush:

Of course, if you get to the Wheatsheaf and I'm "waiting in the car park", I'm not, I just couldn't get out! Please defrost me with coffee and bacon, and I will attempt to follow. :d

If I'm inside and rambling somewhat more than normal, then please do not adjust your sets, it's just a combination of extra medication and the thought of no Boardroom for the rest of Sunday and Monday.

Fingers crossed...

*everything on the left hand side of my body from waist down to knee level eff'n hurts, and I mean everything!

Sorry to hear of your discomfort Dave. I hope you get a good nights sleep and a miraculous cure overnight and we see you fit and well in the morning  :yes:

• Like 1

Oh crumbs, hope you go on OK Dave, although it makes hilarious reading. I have heard that the cake at Tittersworth is a good remedy for pain. 

Hoping Garyt makes it out too today, he has 4 degress in Scotland to our 7 degrees, if you can believe the forecast. Hoping Lewis Hamilton cracks it off today and that we all survive 2 days on facebook instead of on here. Facebook, destroyer of club forums, boo hoo. 

• Like 2