Oil Can Cafe Sunday 13th November

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We will be at the Wheatsheaf for about 10 too, well hopefully, if we can get up. We are a bit knackered as we have had our grand daughter for the last two days whilst grand daughter number was born!!!!

Congratulations Martyn!

Just checked the weather for tomorrow, it's going to be clear and bright, with no rain.

• Like 3

Psycho and I are meeting up at Halfords in Ashbourne at 9:30

• Like 1

See you all in a bit!

• Like 1

Well in the end able to get out with you all.

A Grand Day Out.

Ta Julie et all

And Ta the 2 Richards for interesting route after leaving cafe

• Like 2

131120163107_zpsjdnkncnf.jpg

131120163110_zpssihkt27b.jpg

131120163111_zpsjrbizofr.jpg

A few piccies of the turnout, it was good to see everyone today.

• Like 4

Good turn out, 13 Westfields, a Saab and a short appearance from a KA.

Got a video uploading, I'll post it later.

• Like 2

Another great day out, thanks Julie :d . We had a nice three Mega S2000 convoy home too, though we didn't go past the Strines. Generally a good run with great scenery.

• Like 2

Just got in 230mile round trip but had a great day out!

We only managed 185 miles, started just after 8am and back at around 6.30pm! Great day out, good to see everyone  :)  :)

• Like 2

Poor show for me then at around 90 miles.

• Like 1

Ho, Ho, Ho, oops, not yet Julie, it's too early but that's how happy I feel. 4 Area Organisers, 13 Westfield's and 22 dedicated car enthusiast's that know how to make it happen. A summer car? in winter? no problem is it?

At the Wheatsheaf we met Dave, Ian, Andy, Martyn and Sue, Alan and Anne. We were just missing Big Andy and Debbie because Andy has had a car accident, he is essentially OK and we all wish you a speedy recovery, Andy. After breakfast we had to move once they lit the real fire as we would have cooked nicely in our thermal undies.

DSC09456_zps6j8ymfll.jpg

Ian pointed out that the Honda's had parked in the very appropriate Tricolour formation. We had our minutes silence at 11 am as we passed through Bamford because the road was briefly closed to allow the Armistice parade. We arrived at The Flouch to just the most fantastic sight, there were 8 Westfield's waiting for us. Also Andrew had briefly called in to see us before he went off to work, all grown up and driving his own car now, Barry must be a proud dad. After a few quick photo's we went to the Oil Can Cafe with Westfield's in a line behind us as far as the eye could see.

The Flouch, where we met Marcus, Barry and Andrew, Robin, Dave Smeg, Rickyboy and Freya, Richard and Liz, Allan I and Jill, and AndyR, 

DSC09460_zpstqiqkch2.jpg

As we entered the car park Vicky and Brooke were at the ready filming and photographing our arrival, how sweet was that? thank you girls. I took us straight to the now well established 'Westfield Parking Area'. Then it was time for yet another lovely surprise, Frank appeared, he might have been in his MX5 but, hey he turned up all the way from Harrogate, great. Franks Westfield makes my car look like it is ready for a polish.

The Westfield Parking Area

DSC09471_zpsmf4lxleo.jpg

DSC09472_zpsbmbcrph1.jpg

Glen shot straight into the cafe and asked for a table for 22 and surprisingly they told us to come straight in. I expected to have to wait a while, so before looking around we sat down and the feasting began. Brace yourself.....

DSC09466_zpso8j4tbes.jpg

DSC09467_zps1qzwdkiy.jpg

DSC09468_zps9bgdzqhg.jpg

After a look around and a tyre kick it was at this point Westfield's scattered in every direction leaving Allan and Jill, and Martyn and Sue to follow us towards home. Allan and Jill peeled off at Bamford and the now 2 car convoy went to Newton House for a final brew before heading home, oh those sofa's were so comfy, we sat so relaxed for rather a long time. We came out of Newton House in the pitch black, the car park is not lit and nobody exactly has an interior light. The were lots of urghh's as we realised it was spitting with rain and our seats were now wet! For the record we did 112 miles and walked in the house at 7 pm after rinsing any salt off the underside of the car, ooh and just a quick, little wash.

It has been a great gathering and I hope the Oil Can Cafe first timers have enjoyed it, good choice of date AndyR. If it does close/move don't worry we will still meet up and go to Brooklands Nursery which is 1 mile away and weirdly is a car fanatics garden centre. You have heard it all now haven't you?

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for such a great day out.

I don't think I've had such a good day in the Westfield and travelled such a small distance  :d

Really looking forward to the Santa run and my fingers, toes and other bits are crossed we get the good weather like we did today!

• Like 3