Santa Run Sunday 4th December

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On 20/11/2016 at 12:54, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Never know, slim chance I might bring my Bah Humbug to dampen all your seasonal cheer!

If so if spare seat I'd happily offer a lift.

Appologies/BAH HUMBUG

Slimited chance now no chance!

I presume everything is still on for tomorrow?

My car is all ready and looking like the Tinsel fairy has thrown up! :d 

Can't wait to see everyone else and these Santa shades I've heard so much about!

yes we have spent the evening in the garage disappearing under a mass of tinsel, fun isn't it? 

Also Andy, we can meet you at the Texaco garage again if you like and if you are going that way, it would be at 9 am, just let me know?

Hi Julie. Meeting at the Texaco garage would be perfect as that's where I was planning on filling up. See you there at 09:00.

• Like 1

We need pics .I hope you had a fab day. Gutted I couldn't attend.

• Like 1

Yeah, sad to miss this's, but pics, or it didn't happen!!

Was a fantastic day for a run out, anyway.

Sad could not make it :(

Yes it was a shame you guy's were scared of dressing up as Santa unable to join us :laugh: so here are some piccies for you.

Appearing as Santa was Martyn and Sue, Trevor and Ben(Yakattak), Richard(Bioman) and Vic (Baby Bio), AndyR, Big Andy and Debbie. Paul Johnson and his wife Alison came to see us, Paul is WSCC member number 7 and came in his Porsche that was a bit nice, he must learn to come and park up with us though, how else can we get it on the photo's.

Sleigh's at Ashbourne

DSC09565.JPG

Santa's at Asbourne

DSC09567.JPG

We made our way through Matlock Bath and Bakewell hooting and waving at everyone. A MX5 came towards me with the top down and I thought 'oh he must be unhinged as well, I will give him a wave', little did I know it was about 20 waves. The MX5 club were out in a massive convoy, all waving back.

Pitstop at Hassop, the Focus ST club were parked up here and gave us some very strange looks, even they waved as we went. Yes, 'as we went' next time folks FOLLOW ME not a certain other person, it saves you all having to do a three point turn, and it saves me waiting while looking in my mirror wondering where you have ALL gone :laugh:

DSC09581.JPG

Through Grindleford, up to Surprise View, into Hathersage and we did a circuit of Castleton before arriving at the Travellers Rest for lunch. They had set a table for us and it was a fight for who could get furthest away from the fire. With the pile of clothes on the floor it looked like a jumble sale.

DSC09583.JPG

Santa's

DSC09590.JPG

Off we go again

DSC09596.JPG

After a hearty lunch we set off in search of cake and for that we needed a cafe. At this time of day there is only one place that is pleased to see you and that is Newton House. We took a route that went past Monsal Head and Ashford in the Water. Richard and Vic headed off north from here.

DSC09597.JPG

Martyn and Sue headed off south from here, we took a great route back home to drop Ben off, Trevor headed back south and I went east with the 2 Andy's.

I was worried that we might be a bit early for Santa but it was amazing how many people were wearing Santa clothing in one form or another, including a full Santa in Castleton. The villages were busier too, I think nearer the big day people don't venture into the countryside as much, so the whole thing was a raging success and thanks must go to mad Trevor for making us do it again. What a crazy day!!!

• Like 2

Martyn's Sleigh

DSC09570.JPG

Richard's Sleigh

DSC09571.JPG

Trevor's Sleigh

DSC09572.JPG

Andy's Sleigh

DSC09573.JPG

Big Andy's Sleigh

DSC09574.JPG

My Sleigh

DSC09591.JPG

The other's have some pretty amazing pictures and videos to add too, I am busy now as I have to find a bulk supplier of cable ties, you soon get through them don't you?

• Like 4

DSC09569.JPG

DSC09576.JPG

DSC09577.JPG

DSC09578.JPG

Am I really married to this man, oh dear.

DSC09585.JPG

DSC09586.JPG

DSC09594.JPG

DSC09595.JPG

The advantage of being the photographer on a day like this is that you yourself is not actually on any of the pictures. I notice Debbie had the same tactics when she suggested taking the rather embarrassing Benny Hill style video, she is also clever. 

Trevors fun present of sticky beetles has helped us come down from a Santa high today, we have been throwing them at the windows and they fall down, oh we are easily entertained.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

The advantage of being the photographer on a day like this is that you yourself is not actually on any of the pictures.

They will arrive. :p

Where's the panorama shot we did all running for?

• Like 1

Oh no it won't let me upload the video that Julie as mentioned :cry:

Never mind it was a fantastic day well worth doing with such great company 

And I would like to wish you all a merry Christmas just in case I don't see you lol 

And this pic is at 2:45am when Debbie was trying on here outfit for Sunday lol

FB_IMG_1480878391574.jpg

20161204_013706.mp4

That's right. You can't upload videos otherwise our server would run out of space in a jiffy!

it's easy to link to YouTube etc and as we can see from above adding pics is now a doddle!

• Like 1

More to follow

DSC_6376.jpg

DSC_6380.jpg

DSC_6384.jpg

DSC_6385.jpg

DSC_6387.jpg

DSC_6334.jpg

DSC_6341.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, the panorama shot, well I reckon you lot have eaten too much cake, are now too fat and could not run fast enough for my camera to catch you at both sides :p Either that or I could win the consolation cabbage prize for being the worst photographer in the WSCC. The picture with you all jumping came out brilliant though, Trevor, you must be at least a foot off the floor, shame you all can't run as well as you can jump :laugh:

DSC09556.JPG 

• Like 1