The West Coast of Scotland Trip 2017. Dates booked.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Culloden is just east of Inverness and the funicular up cairngorm is something I never tire off in fact it's one of my fave runs on a afternoon out

i can from home go to Tomintoul over the brig o broon the back road to nethybridge coylumbridge and up cairngorm :)

Geoffrey is working extra shifts but sure he will be along soon with his twopenneth worth :)

if you do stop over I can suggest a n alternative route to killin that misses most of the dreaded a9 out taking you out over Tomintoul, the lecht, braemar ,  glenshee and cross country to killin

• Like 1

Gary, That looks a good run down to Killin you suggested. Are you still around to play scilly beggars blatting around after we drive back from the Orkneys or do you have other things to do like work from the Monday?

Alistair

Yep I am off that week as well so will be playing I hadn't booked at killin as wasn't sure what I was doing

i may take the Monday night at home and then down to killin Tuesday that way if you are staying over at Aviemore we could meet up Tuesday morning 

I have spoken to the Boss :yes: and we are going to stop over in Aviemore Monday night. Any recommends on Westy friendly hotels in Aviemore would also be welcome.

Depending on time we will probably try and go on the railway Tuesday morning unless we fit it in late on the Monday but I think time will be against us.

We could meet up as you suggested and then take a drive to Killin.

I'm going to see if I can book a couple od nights there as well.

• 2 months later...

Ok folks so we're getting closer now for anyone coming or thinking of joining us over to Orkney here are the ferry details

call pentland ferries on 08006888998 and book this ensure a place on the ferry 

outbound. 3rd June 9.30 am from gills bay

return 5th June 7.45am from st Margaret's hope 

pay by card at the office or cash on the boat on the day

car plus driver is £54 each way extra person is £16

Ali I didn't have your details so either call direct or message me your details full name and car registration and contact number and I will book you both on

• Like 1

On 20 March 2017 at 09:58, Garyt said:

Ok folks so we're getting closer now for anyone coming or thinking of joining us over to Orkney here are the ferry details

call pentland ferries on 08006888998 and book this ensure a place on the ferry 

outbound. 3rd June 9.30 am from gills bay

return 5th June 7.45am from st Margaret's hope 

pay by card at the office or cash on the boat on the day

car plus driver is £54 each way extra person is £16

Ali I didn't have your details so either call direct or message me your details full name and car registration and contact number and I will book you both on

Pm sent

Only 68 sleeps :yes:

Any recommends on a decent place to stop in Aviemore for the Monday night?

• Like 1

Not quite Aviemore,  but Cairngorms, we stayed at 

Glentorets B&B in Tomintoul (excellent)

Just over 30mins away by Westie!

Ok so we have 3 cars booked on the ferry to Orkney any more ?????

Ali try the coylum bridge hotel it's just outside Aviemore on the cairngorm road

On 23 March 2017 at 17:52, Garyt said:

Ok so we have 3 cars booked on the ferry to Orkney any more ?????

Ali try the coylum bridge hotel it's just outside Aviemore on the cairngorm road

Did you get my PM ok

• Like 1

Blooming Heck.

This is soon coming round.

So ready for the holiday this year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ali Jones said:

Did you get my PM ok

yes I got that twice :) and sent reply with ferry details did you get mine ? in case not my contact number is 07715554020

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Garyt said:

yes I got that twice :) and sent reply with ferry details did you get mine ? in case not my contact number is 07715554020

Think messages are playing up, didn't get a reply but got your number now. Are you and Geoffrey on what's ap?

I have booked 1 night Aviemore on the 5th, then 2 nights at Killin 6th and 7th :yes:

• Like 1

Hi no I'm not on whatsapp sorry

unfortunately I will be back to work on the Tuesday as had an emergency in the states and used up holidays for that