Clan McWesty: Charity BBQ #2 - Sunday 21st August 2016

Rab (bombero) Reid

Well well, I can see us having to start up a Clan McWesty Slimmers Club as we attend our second charity BBQ of the month!  :laugh:

This one needs no real introduction as it's our now infamous Borders Blat'n'BBQ organised by club member Neville Mackay. We've been attending this for a good few years now and it's a great wee gathering! Neville's charity remains the same, HemiHelp (http://www.hemihelp.org.uk/) which is a charity that supports families who have loved ones suffering from hemipelgia - a weakness to one side of the body from which his daughter is affected.   

As always, we'll have a blat around the Scottish Borders and finally stop of at Neville's hilltop mansion to see his family and friends again and fill our faces. Run details will follow as soon as I receive them.

UPDATED as of 08/08/2016

TIMINGS & ROUTE

Meeting at the Sheriffhall Park'n'Ride for 10:30

Join the A6093 outside Dalkeith onto Gifford via Pentcaitland

Gifford > Duns

Duns > Thirlestane

Thirlstane > Kelso

Kelso > Hawick

Hawick > Newcastleton (exchange currency, learn new language  :p )

Newcastleton > Hawick (different route)

Hawick > Neville's ponderosa!

NAMES

Rab

Chris + a few

Bob

John

Graeme (if it's dry  :marto: )

Paul

Dave

Assuming it's Ok with Mrs Diary, I'll try and make it up there this year Rab (no weddings to go to the day before!) and see if I can bring along some other Sassenachs with me if that's OK :)

Hi Chris, that would be great! Keep me posted on how you get on :-)

I'm free....... Will be there as that's the best home made bread and cake I have ever tasted!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to be there. Even though its only water, I dont like the rain (how can I own a Westfield in Scotland and not like the rain?)

• Like 1

Please note updated first post with route details!  :)

I'm going to miss the BBQ unfortunately. Car won't be ready.

Unfortunately I am also a no show for this excellent run, and Neville's famous BBQ.

Hope to see you at Boness.

Dave.

I'm going to miss the BBQ unfortunately. Car won't be ready.

Matt, Pax available if you want it. You might even force me to go if the sky has that wet stuff coming from it.

Hope to be there for my first meeting. Hoping the weather is not too bad my constitution is stable after an afternoon @ the Fringe on Saturday :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Lizzie bryce petrol station at Livingston 9:30 - 9:45 if anyone wants to meet up?

I've got the OK from the missus - so as long as the weather isn't dire (odd shower OK) then I'll be there. Busy drumming up some more of our mob if you don't mind a few more foreigners :)

• Like 1

Lizzie bryce petrol station at Livingston 9:30 - 9:45 if anyone wants to meet up?

Could you bring the Applecross shelter, pal?