Curborough Breakfast Club Sat 16th July Plus Peak District Run

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It is the Curborough Breakfast Club on Saturday 16th July from 8am-11.30am. It is at Netherstowe Lane, Lichfield, WS13 8EJ.

Afterwards I will be leading a run around the Peak District, I have a fun route planned that is 48 miles long and takes 1hr 40 minutes. That should nicely land us back on the big A515 for a bit of lunch, if the weather is really nice we can finish at Parsley Hay outdoor cafe for lunch with a view (outside seating only) or perhaps at Tissington if it is too cold.

All weather permitting of course, see you there, set your alarm clock!

I'll see what the boss says. I should have some brownie points in the bag for looking after Bob and her cousins on Saturday.

If the weather is good on Saturday there is a good little church fete on at Hazelwood near Derby. They often have a reasonable selection of classic cars amongst the usual things you might expect. i'll be going, but likely to be in the tin top as I have sprogs with me.

Luke

Can't make this one sorry Julie, Family Camp with my daughters cub group. I hope the weather's nice for both of us!

Ok for me. I will see I Mike (without his trailer) and oily Steve can join us.

• Like 1

I'll meet you for the run afterwards

Hi Julie, may be able to get out for this, but would just meet you there as i will be coming from Sandbach ...Stafford ....  Rugeley .... Lichfield direction

What time due you aim to be a Curborough?

Andy

We aim to be at Curborough from 9am until 11am, Andy.

Russ, if we leave Curborough at 11am, allowing for anyone to get petrol, we can meet you at The Blue Bell, which is on the main A515 above Ashbourne, at 12 midday.

The Blue Bell, Buxton Road, Tissington, DE6 1NH. You should be OK, there are no McDonalds nearby  :p

I have altered the route very slightly and it will be 10 minutes shorter, taking 1 hour 30 minutes from Curborough to Parsley Hay.

Good weather for camping, Ian and hope to see you Luke, keep up the good behavior! 

Aiming for this Probably getting to Curborough for 10ish then a run till you stop for lunch then heading home........

I'm trying to get to Curborough  - Not sure about a trip to the 'Peaks' sadly due to other commitments this weekend  :down:

Ok for me. I will see I Mike (without his trailer) and oily Steve can join us.

Sorry but I will be in Scotland over the weekend.

Hopefully make it to one of Julie's routes in the future.

The weather report has come out and it could be grim, so the plan is not to give in just yet and get up in the morning, look out of the window and decide if this event is on..

As there is no shelter at Curborough I won't be going if it is raining, which leaves me to decide later in the morning if I can salvage a bit of the day and still meet at The Blue Bell.

Please keep an eye on this post and if you ever meet a meteorologist clonk them one on the head for me would you?

It is not raining here this morning so it is ON

Don't forget that clonk on the head! if you see one.

See you there