Abingdon track day - 26th August

Dommo

The Stoat and myself are booked onto this one, through www.motorsport-events.co.uk. Anyone else fancy it?

£129, open pit lane all day.

Last time we went they'd added another chicane to the long straight which made that section more interesting.

Abingdon%202016%20Map_zpsn9gdrt1e.png

There always was one where the two runways cross just after the acute left hander, do you mean another beyond that?

Yes, you can just about make that one out in the map I posted. There's another now down near the end. Don't know if it's permanent or because it was wet that day and they wanted to reduce the straight line speeds before the corner. I think it should be permanent as it allows much more margin for error if/when you overcook the braking point :d

Yes, you can just about make that one out in the map I posted. There's another now down near the end. Don't know if it's permanent or because it was wet that day and they wanted to reduce the straight line speeds before the corner. I think it should be permanent as it allows much more margin for error if/when you overcook the braking point :d

Yes I agree, there's too little runoff if you have braking problems. My son had a 'long pedal' on his Z4M Coupé on that braking zone a while back - very frightening! 

Ha! Nearly caught it :d

Yep, he did! In fact it was a wheel on the grass that started it and a second wheel on the grass the other side that finished it! The engine stalled and he couldn't restart so had to endure the tow-back of shame! The corner was that open, obtuse right hander immediately after your Marker 1. He recognises that he should have gone farther to the left just before the obtuse right hander so he wouldn't have been quite as close to the grass on the outside of the bend.

My favourite corner for almost losing it is the acute left hander that comes up next. Great circuit as airfields go, and well suited to a Westfield.

Could well be up for this.  I'll check diaries etc.

I think it should be permanent as it allows much more margin for error if/when you overcook the braking point :d

I would prefer it not to be there, as you may have guessed. ;)

Rather good fun trying to crack 120 mph on the old layout when you have no power.

I reckon there's still 120 in it. 118 last time out...

Might Be up for it, will book it when we get back from Italy just in case.................. if all the places have gone, then thats the sign  ;)

Booked this last night but no e-mail confirmation. Is that common?

Booked this last night but no e-mail confirmation. Is that common?

Give it a day or so :)

In my humble Pinto engined car 100mph before braking at the end of that straight is the best I can manage. It's capable of only about 110 anyway. I have been contemplating using a pair of old screen pillars cut down to make an aeroscreen to try to reduce drag.