VIDEO ADDED. GEOFFREY'S JAUNT DAY TRIP TO KIELDER FOREST 14.08.16

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

That's sounds like the place we were going to be stopping at.

See you there.

Texaco Garage & Spar
Petrol Station

Address: 8 Station Rd, Alston CA9 3HZ, United Kingdom

What sort of time do you think you'd be there Geoffrey?

Depending on our route was thinking 12 ish for us.

Hi Chris.

I reckon we will be there at around 11.30am give or take 15 minutes.

We can always get a coffee at the garage so no worries if you or us are there first.

Hi geoff, might be up for a run out mate. Gotta run in the new engine. Put some miles on it. Can you send me the route please?

Xxx

Hi geoff, might be up for a run out mate. Gotta run in the new engine. Put some miles on it. Can you send me the route please?

Xxx

Hi Princess.

Look at post number 39 as its all there for you.......just for you.  :love:

PLEASE NOTE.

THERE IS A PARKING CHARGE OF £4.50 TO ENTER THE PARK AREA.

Not keen on this (and can't recall paying a large fee last time I was at Kielder) - any more info or alternative parking?

Chris (half Scottish mean-ness shining through)

EDIT - just looked and £1.50 for an hour is an alternative to the £4.50 all day :)

(last time we went to the other cafe at the waterside half way down, think it was free parking??)

Gawd dammmm, for ages iv been trying to check my mot renewal date on dvla website checker, kept saying vehicle not found, grrrr.

Finally got on today it ran out on april! what the devil, bring back paperwork for mot and tax... Yes i know you get a shabby bit of a4 which must of been lost somewhere... Whats wrong with an automated reminding system via email? Would work much better.

Its booked in...

Not keen on this (and can't recall paying a large fee last time I was at Kielder) - any more info or alternative parking?

Chris (half Scottish mean-ness shining through)

EDIT - just looked and £1.50 for an hour is an alternative to the £4.50 all day :)

(last time we went to the other cafe at the waterside half way down, think it was free parking??)

Hi Chris.

I chose this cafe as there looked to be plenty to do around the cafe area.

I have never been before so I only had my research to go on.

I am not bothered about paying the £4.50 as I would rather do that and not have to be clock watching etc and to be able to enjoy my dinner rather than worry about the time.

I am happy to give you the £3.00 if you are short of a bob or two.  ;)

Gawd dammmm, for ages iv been trying to check my mot renewal date on dvla website checker, kept saying vehicle not found, grrrr.

Finally got on today it ran out on april! what the devil, bring back paperwork for mot and tax... Yes i know you get a shabby bit of a4 which must of been lost somewhere... Whats wrong with an automated reminding system via email? Would work much better.

Its booked in...

Hi Terry.

Will you still be ok to meet.

Hi Chris.

I chose this cafe as there looked to be plenty to do around the cafe area.

I have never been before so I only had my research to go on.

I am not bothered about paying the £4.50 as I would rather do that and not have to be clock watching etc and to be able to enjoy my dinner rather than worry about the time.

I am happy to give you the £3.00 if you are short of a bob or two. ;)

Haha no worries I'm not that tight really, just rather spend it on fuel and drive than park :)

Also I'm on a bit of a time limit, so probably won't be hanging around too long if I manage to wangle it to get out that far.

No Worries Chris.

I just think there is a few of us coming from my end and after a 180 mile drive we all be pushed to park, and eat our dinners etc in one hour.

I am all up for the driving element than parking which is why I like the long runs out.

I am so looking forward to this trip.

Hi Geoffrey

Sorry for the delayed repky - sporadic internet this week ! I'm staying at the camping and caravan club site field lane scarborough. Would be good to neet up on saturday, nit sure what time I will get to scarborough though

Martin

Hi Martin.

Just give me a ring on my mobile on Saturday.

I am only 15 minutes from Scarborough.