setup for a go pro - trackday

Greenstreak-Andy D

I tried the app and thought is was a waste of time.

Much better control with the smart remote on your wrist, and no messing about with your phone in the car

I use this too. I velcro the remote around one of the spokes on my steering wheel. I just then press the button.

• Like 1

I managed to upload my video to utube, cracking day, both Mark and my westie behaved themselves!

Looking forward to next trackway!

Andy

Must get that remote mic and a better camera mount! Had too much camera shake on the other videos I took.

Good video Andy, looks like you enjoyed it....

I must admit, I bought a really cheap roll bar mount (included in a multi mount set) on Ebay for peanuts and it's rock solid.

Also, perhaps try experimenting (at home) with different mount positions: yours was excellent for the track ahead but perhaps a little lower down, looking through the car would have got your dash, a bit of you and your view out included.  Alsa, it's all personal taste.

Weather looked good too...!

Thanks Craig, yep it was a perfect day tbh.

I was in the burgundy Westie, Mark let me mount the GoPro on his full cage. Agree, need to look at lower and better mounts. Remote mic too would be good

I'm no expert with the GoPro but good to have as a memory!

Andy

• Like 1

I tried mounting the go pro to my helmet and think it turned out pretty cool. 

I managed 2 sessions at Cadwell before a marshall spotted it and I got told to mount it to the car.

That was 720p 60fps wide angle.

Each to their own, it just gives too jerky a result for my taste.

Looked like fun tho.  :)