Karting at Three Sisters (Wigan) - Tuesday 7th June

AdamR

Morning all,

We've set up another karting event at Three Sisters (Wigan) for Tuesday 7th June. Anyone is welcome, but places are on a 'first paid, first served' basis. Start time is 7pm, arrive for 6:30pm. Cost is £49.50 per person (I have negotiated a discount on the usual price of £55).

The format we will run this time is Group Endurance. This is a 10 minute qualifying and 60 minute race in teams of two, so you'll get 35 minutes on track in total - 5 mins in quali with a driver change, and then either 10, 15 or 30 minute sessions in the race. The aim is to complete the most number of laps per team in an hour, so reducing the number of driver changes could be useful...

My plan is to allocate a certain number of 'novices' and 'experts' (please be honest when you are classifying yourself!) who will be paired up together, then everyone else is an 'intermediate' and they will be drawn out of a hat too. The idea behind this is to try and make sure no one team is miles ahead or miles behind at the end. Hope that makes sense...

Here's the Three Sisters blurb:

Group Endurance (GE) 60 Kart Racing
Designed for a minimum of 16 and maximum of 32 drivers, groups booked onto a Group Endurance (GE) 60 will have loads of fun cheering their team member on as they race around the track. Racing in teams of 2, the aim of the race is to see which team can complete the most laps in 1 hour. Great for developing communication skills as well as encouraging some friendly competition between the whole group, this a fantastic company event.
With exclusive use of Three Sisters circuit for the duration of the race, the GE 60 begins with all drivers being kitted out with a racing suit, helmet and gloves. This is followed by a full safety briefing, where pointers are given on race tactics. Should each driver get an equal amount of time in the kart? Should the fastest driver go first or last?
It's then time to experience what driving a pro-kart, capable of 70mph is like, as each driver has some time on the circuit for a practice session. As well as familiarising themselves with the kart, they can get to grips with the twists and turns of the circuit. Then it's race time, with anywhere between 8 and 16 teams all vying for the chequered flag. Key to completing the most laps in an hour and winning the race is the teams' strategy as well as each driver's karting skills.

Format for Group Endurance (GE) 60 Kart Racing:
• Full Safety Briefing
• 10 minute warm-up
• 1 hour race
• Minimum 8 teams, maximum 16 teams (recommend 2 per team)
Kart, helmet, gloves and racing overalls provided

Money!

Three Sisters require full payment a minimum of one week in advance, so we will need a firm yes by Friday 13th May and full payment by Wednesday 25th please. To get the discount price, I will need to collate moneys and pay the track in one hit.

Having done a few things like this before I know it can turn into a bit of a nightmare, which is why we need full payment in advance - sorry to be to firm with this, but the deposit is £440 which I'll be stumping up myself in the next few days to make sure we secure the date. Edit: Deposit now paid to the circuit.

Here's a video from last year...

The list:

1. Steve Livesey - PAID
2. Paul Gibney - PAID
3. AdamR (expert - to be paired up with a novice) - PAID
4. Mark (works with Adam) - PAID
5. AdamR's +1 (novice - to be paired up with an expert) - PAID
6. Dave R / OnliestSmeg - PAID
7. John H (Dave R's mate) - PAID
8. Chris (Paul G's work mate - novice) - PAID
9. Guy (Paul G's work mate - novice) - PAID
10. Chris H - PAID
11. Nick W - PAID
12. Andy D - PAID
13. Andy D's mate - PAID
14. Steav (foxterrier) - PAID
15. Oliver (Steav's mate) - PAID
16. Michael Whitworth - PAID
17. Giles U - PAID
18. DJ Steve - PAID
19. Mark T - PAID
20. Les (Michael Whitworth's bro-in-law) - PAID
21. Stan (AdamR work mate) (expert) - PAID
22. Cap (AdamR work mate) - PAID
23. Jason (Michael Whitworth's mate) - PAID
24. Craig - PAID
25. Anthony - PAID
26. Dave - PAID
27. Ben - PAID
28. Tony - PAID
29. Steve - PAID
30. Dan Dudds (expert) - PAID
31. Gemma (novice) - PAID
32. Paul H - PAID

(Maximum number is 32 drivers,16 teams)

Reserves: 1x mate of Michael Whitworth

Any questions, please shout up!

Cheers,
Adam

Sounds good to me  :t-up:

Add my mate John H to the list please Adam

Come on Mr Hurdsfield get your name down re- match

I'm gonna getcha Livesey.

Go on Adam, put me down as a maybe, need to check some dates first, but that Livesey fella's got my blood boiling now. :laugh:

Come on Mr Hurdsfield get your name down re- match

Oh yeah waddya mean a re-match?

The only time you got near me was when I was lapping you  :p

some dodgy Moldanado driving Paul  :p  :p  :p  :p

You brake tested me, but I didn't brake  :laugh:

You two got to be on the same team.....

• Like 1

No chance he's too slow ;)

• Like 1

:laugh:  And the banter begins...

A note about the 'novice' thing - I think we need to restrict this to people who have never been karting before, or maybe only once at other venues. We need to balance the amount of novices and experts to make the team thing work! If you came to the previous karting event and ended up top 6, or have done other driving at the circuit (track attack, sprints) then I would be inclined to put you in the 'expert' category... See how it goes, but we may need some more volunteers to be 'experts' when we come to draw the teams.

Updated list will go on my first post from now on.

Novice / Intermediate / Expert ? It's all relative to whose there !

I think your correct that ranking according to previous karting position and experience is fair enough. Then highest rank with lowest rank etc. should even things up.

Appears Paul :love: Steve were made for each other though! :p

Novice / Intermediate / Expert ? It's all relative to whose there !

Yeah, that's my thinking too. We need to get the final list together then and have a look maybe...

People who have never been before at all are definitely novices though!

I think we need to team Paul and Steve up just to make sure there isn't a huge fight :laugh: