New Calender sub menu idea - "Track Days"

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Not sure if it would get used or not, but how about a sub heading/menu of "Track Days" under the Calendar Tab

People could (if they want to) list the track day they have booked, as they may get more people signing up to join them.  Its always good to have other Westfields to play and share story with. 

Just an Idea

• Like 2

Agree good idea!

I have booked 24 May Oulton Park btw

Andy

Fair enough, not a big technical problem at the moment, I'm willing to give it a go - now added.

Only problem I have tonight is that I need to arrange the calendars so Track Days is not the default choice, but I can't do it from my iPad - I'll sort it Friday.

• Like 1

Cheers Scott

Once complete, I'll send comms out to our local club members

Cheers

Fair enough, not a big technical problem at the moment, I'm willing to give it a go - now added.

Scott, Just to let you know I have added a track day for this weekend 16th, but its showing up as "Events" and not the title.  But Im sure you will resolve this on Friday   :t-up:  :t-up:

Sorted now Tom, thanks. :)

Thanks a lot, just got to get people to use it now 

I've just added Cadwell next Friday to the Calendar, but wouldn't a dedicated trackday section be even better? Considering what a Westfield is, it's a bit criminal to not have one!  :)

• Like 1

There's not really enough traffic to create a whole new forum section just for track days.  The problem is that the more separate areas we create, the longer the home forum page becomes and the more clumsy and awkward it is to read or search.  There are those who already think there's too many sections and want to trim them down.  It's a nice sentiment, but not really practical.

As a compromise, I've added "Track Days" to the Local Area Meets, Events & Kit Car Shows forum description, so track day threads now have a natural place to live.  It now reads:

Local Area Meets, Events, Track Days & Kit Car Shows

which I think is fair is it's an outside event and non-Speed Series - hope this will be acceptable.

I've now sorted the Track Days calendar as well so it's no longer the default calendar.  However, any member can add a track day to the Track Days calendar, which will continue as long as it isn't abused.  Any track day added to that calendar will appear on the list in the right-hand column on the main forum page once it's less than 30 days away.

There's not enough traffic Scott, because, and I don't know why, this forum appears to chase track drivers away? 50% of my listed "friends" in my profile are all trackday drivers, who still participate, and I still meet them at trackdays, but are no longer wscc members. OK, tbf, I only have ten friends listed, and I haven't a clue who one of them is.. but 50%?

I often approach Westy drivers I don't know at a track day and ask if they're in the club.. there's a load who aren't, and have no intention of joining, I think they perceive us as all polish and picnic baskets!

We did have a little bit of traffic at Rockingham last month, sixteen Westys was it? not bad for March. I would hazard a guess there's a much larger number of trackday drivers within the club than sprinters?

..reaching for my coat.. :getmecoat:

It's a difficult one to be sure. We're always open to ideas and suggestions of how to attract more Westfield owners to join.

It's a difficult one to be sure. We're always open to ideas and suggestions of how to attract more Westfield owners to join.

A dedicated section for trackdays. :d

Btw, I agree about the "too many" sections making it clumsy, but I'm sure a couple could be culled or merged to make room.