Wanting to change from Sky TV. What is best.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Freesat - My Panasonic TV has freesat and freeview tuners built in, bought it 5+ years ago, not sure if they still do them.

I'm the same with sport but I do watch F1. Sky won't let you have just the F1 channel you have to buy a ripoff package with lots of stuff I don't want!

I have one of these as well and yes, Panasonic still make and sell them. You can watch Motors TV on Freeview and a host of other non subscription channels. with a Panasonic Freesat/Freeview TV.   Also one less ugly box under the TV.  Luckily I'm not a slave to any sport so never pay for TV apart from the TV license.

If only you could get rid of the licence while we are at it.

Then you would have to put up with poxy adverts ruining a good programme

Don't forget though that some of the adverts are better than the programs.

Get rid of Sky ............ ensure you have unlimited and quick internet ........get an amazon firestick .......... internet search and install Kodi et voila :d  :yes: not that I would ever condone or encourage anything :rolleyes: F1 never missed :-) also have it on my tablet :d

Then you would have to put up with poxy adverts ruining a good programme

Never watch adverts everything is usually catch up/streamed/ recorded but the poxy govt thinks that watching other channels means I should pay for the BBC. Can't remember the last time I watched a BBC program ... TG last year maybe?

Told the tv licence bloke to get screwed the other day so I guess I've probably got my monies worth now

Adverts done bother me when I do catch them. Usually I'm doing something else at the same time anyway or I go and get a beer/take a dump/etc

Get rid of Sky ............ ensure you have unlimited and quick internet ........get an amazon firestick .......... internet search and install Kodi et voila :d:yes: not that I would ever condone or encourage anything :rolleyes: F1 never missed :-) also have it on my tablet :d

I have tried kodi on my tablet with the view to getting rid of sky but all the streams were pixally and low res and within a week stopped working. Am I doing something wrong or just missing a trick here....

Would be good to hear which Kodi add-on you use Mark Stanton? I just started to venture into this shady world and installed the Project Cypher addon, but although the streams work and are watchable, it is low res and lots of buffering. Not for the impatient...

If you're on facebook check out and follow seo michael for kodi infomation I use phoenix add on on firestick it works well for me

On tablet I use torrent stream controller via kodi or ace player theres also showbox for films all good

• Like 1

I had freeview for several years and bought freesat keeping the freeview connected, best of both worlds