• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

A worrying trend

brianm

Now there are afew people in Cumbria who have the right idea, after the police installed lots of speed cameras every night they would be destroyed! So after a while they gave up trying to install new ones!

In the same area they tried rather nasty speed bumps, and again mysteriously every night the road would be in rubble as someone kept smashing them to bits with a sledge hammer! Again in the end the council gave up re-doing them!

The person was never caught!

Now obviously i am not encouraging this bevahiour - but it does get result!!  :devil:  ;)  :p  :0

Must admit the "normal" way of doing things by complaining and lobby generally doesnt get you anywhere except noted on the Police lists, ignored and branded an extremist!

Good luck!

I believe there is a "standard" applicable to the construction of road humps. The council highways should be able to help, and if not, try the DOT......

They should be no higher than 75mm. They should also be "adequately" lit and, rather oddly, you can't just have one (two is the minimum).

There are no doubt lots more rules and regs, but those are the ones I know about.

Jim