Crash damaged Sei

Bronco Jr

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........!!!!!!!!!!!!... .. !!!!!..!!. :0

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• JimNoble

• chrisbin

• neo

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!  :arse:

mr jim ,have you been looking at the right pictures  ??? quote ! can't see any evidence of major chassis damage !!!!,its bent like a chuffin bannana !!!! look at the front and the angle of the doors and screen!its f****d ! ,even a blind man on horse back can see that ;)

Keep your hair on Steve :D

The front suspension has collapsed, and the radiator is well and truly stuffed into the engine bay (so yes, the front box section of the chassis has probably crumpled).

The windscreen is at a funny angle because the bonnet has crushed the scuttle by the looks of it.

The chassis from a little way behind the front wheels back still looks fairly straight though. There's a chance you could chop the front box section and some of the long side tubes of the chassis off and replace them. I wouldn't want to though!

Of course, if any of the rest of the chassis is out by even a mm or two, it'd be a write off!  :0  

My point was that despite what was obviously a major shunt, the damage seems to be relatively confined to the areas around the point of impact. Quite a lot of the car is likely to be salvagable, so it might be of value to someone. There may also be some value in rebuilding a car that's already been registered for the road vs building from new.

Jim

so it might be of value to someone.

But perhaps not the current bid figures  :devil:  :blush:  :D  ;)

jim my hair is still well and truely attatched ,i think you will find there is more to the damage than meets the eye  :0 if it was only a case of a new front chassis section or even a new chassis ,in my opinion it would not be written off ,look at it this way if you needed a new chassis and body it would cost say £3500 ( ish )for a complete starter kit ,minus rear suspension parts and a few other bits ,add that to lets say 60 hours labour which is what you would get on average for reshelling an average  new tin top including painting the new shell , is £1380 that added to £3500 is £4880 so lets call it £5000  even if you added more hours and a couple of hundred for radiator etc , it would still not write it off ,if it is worth say £10000 to £14000 or whatever so there is in my opinion a lot more damage , ;)

and remember whatever you do to it ,the car will allway's be registerd as a catagory d insurance write off ,so if anybody runs a check on the car for hp or anything else it would show up as a write off ,which will devalue the car  ???

oh yes jim lots of it in places you would not believe  ;)  :(

YEP WELL THEY WOULD NOT SAY . TOTALY SHAGGED WON'T START OR DRIVE ,THEN NO ONE WOULD EVEN LOOK AT IT  ;)

YEP WELL THEY WOULD NOT SAY . TOTALY SHAGGED WON'T START OR DRIVE ,THEN NO ONE WOULD EVEN LOOK AT IT  ;)

Is some of that hair in your ears......that why you're shouting?????

:devil:  :love:  :devil:

no it's the pc at work  ??? freakin thing takes years to do anything and when it does it'a wrong half the time  :arse:  b*******  :blush:

well hello mr bin  ;)how is it in deepest southern softy land  ;)  :love:  :blush:  :arse:

well hello mr bin  ;)how is it in deepest southern softy land  ;)  :love:  :blush:  :arse:

Well I'm still in the bl**** office - working hard as you can tell, just like I have been all day - in Rushden, Northants. Thats why I'm still here - nothing better to do!

Next stop Travel Inn - whoopee!!

How's it with you ooop North??? :p  :p  :p

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.