S2000 Engine and Box

Thrustyjust

Anyone know of a good low mileage engine and box, with engine loom, engine and gearbox mounts and all the bits I need for my Westie. Cash awaiting. email me at thrustyjust (at) hotmaildotcom.

Taaaa

As said not cheap. Also did consider that car , as would be good, but didn't want a complete car just for getting rid of stuff and selling on ebay etc is such a faff. There is a jdm car in Scotland, but factory said no to that. I cant see an issue other then higher compression jdm and possible mapping on the omex. Seen some in Australia. Not sure they'd fit in my suitcase !!

I think it will soon get to the point where if you plan to build a Honda powered car that you find the engine first and order the chassis second.

I think it will soon get to the point where if you plan to build a Honda powered car that you find the engine first and order the chassis second.

That's what I did and I still didn't get the engine cleaned and painted before my kit arrived  :laugh:

I havent given Westfield any money, that's Monday, so I am also in that camp. Found another JDM engine. I have even emailed Douglas Valley , which means they will be worth more than titanium and gold...........Lets see what they come back with.

I doubt You will find a cheap one!

I brought a whole car but event the cars with 100k on at the place I had mine from are fetching big money now!!!!

Mine came from a gut called Craig Harley, who owns Unit 6 Spares, a Honda breaker up in Perth. (He was recommended on here, though I forget who by).

He was quite reasonable price wise, and very efficient at getting the engine and box to me. The engine was in a running car at the time and he sent me plenty of pics of it in place, along with video of it running (with appropriate views of exhaust and instruments!) - I'd been welcome to go and visit the car and try it before it was stripped, but Perth was just a bit to far at the time.

Seen this but JDM ebay number 252280955253

Might change my kit to the Zetec and get a brand new engine for £700 :suspect:

Seen an engine and box (JDM) 50000 km !! Which says JDM for £1800 , which is why I wonder about the JDM stuff

Bear in mind the S2000 kit gives you a later, better chassis than the other kits, (with the possible exception of the Sport 250)

(Not that I want to take anything away from the Zetec car, it's still a great Westfield, just saying the difference between the two kits isn't just the engine and gearbox).

Also, bear in mind that the cost of the Zetec engine doesn't include the cost of the gearbox and bell housing, so the difference isn't as big as it at first appears, especially if you go for a more performance orientated set of gear ratios in a type 9 gear box.

Don't worry Dave, that was a bit tongue in cheek for the Zetec car. Loved mine when I had it, if I didn't I wouldn't be looking at a Westfield again. I am contemplating going JDM. From what I have been reading, JDM didn't engage Vtec via the oil switch, so I can go to Honda and buy one and fit it, which is allegedly a bolt to remove. The loom may not have this switch in it, so may need to speak to Omex about splicing one in or I buy a UK loom. Since Omex aren't that far from me, I wonder if they could remap my ecu at their place to run the higher CR. Not sure how well the standard set up ecu from them will run with an extra 0.7 in the CR. 11.0 to 1 is pretty high anyway , so 11.7 has been used on UK fuel , from what I have read, but the ecu may retard ignition when running to prevent knock. If they can map my car, it may leave the gates open for more engines to be used in our cars and availability. So, I can save money on buying an engine if I buy the £1750 engine and box. Spend £400 ish getting it mapped, as the base map is already there, £70 ish for a loom if I buy one off the bay and also a Vtec pressure switch and we might be there. Any thoughts on this or am I just digging holes for myself?

Great news!

Nearly good news, apart from the 400 mile round trip in a works transit to collect it on Saturday and the sum it cost !!! But hey,its a 45k mile UKDM engine from an 05 car with wire throttle and I heard it run on a video, so onward and upward !!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.