What are Nankang NS2R like in the wet?

confused.com

Interesting - I see these are available at 205/60/13 too - could be quite tempted to try a set

Go for it, for the price they're worth a punt and I can honestly say I'm very happy with them. I went 205 rear 185 front, but would go 205 all round in future.

I've had the ze453 and 452 on my z on a 255 35 18. They were pretty good but I think the weight helps. Others have had the 912 as well and rate them but back to back they say the 912 is more suited to a family saloon rather than a 2 seater sports

I think it depends on what you run them at - if you went for a saloon-like tyre pressure (32psi) i guess you could be underwhelmed as they would feel like they were meant for a heavier car, they'd feel firmer and less predictable.

On the track day at Anglesey, I had AdamR with me (CleaR Motorsport) and he set the tyre pressures. Made a big difference. Sure they don't have the out and out grip of a semi slick, but then I wasn't expecting them to. They were very playful and predictable and as Adam said, gave constant feedback about what they were doing.

With things like this, I always prefer to give something a try and make up my own mind, rather than listen to what "they" say - who knows what "their" driving style, car set up and experience is? "They" got overtaken lots, or span the car, or couldn't beat that race spec mx5, so it must be the tyres, right? So I've shared my opinion based on my personal experience - over to you lovely people to give them a go and agree or disagree!

• Like 1

Hi BCF,

Ref the 912's.....

I think they aren't sexy enough - that's the problem?

They look like a car tyre rather than a road legal track day tyre, which will put people off.

I've got them on mine - were on there when I bought the car, and I have no personal experience of R888's or the like.

BUT - I see no reason to change them currently - I just cannot justify the expense of changing the look of the tyre when it performs so well as is.

So, another vote for the 912's!

ps - run mine at 18psi on the road - above 25 and they are a waste of time....

Mart.

• Like 2

I run the A021r's on the road, find them a very good tyre.  

Decent grip in the wet, progressive, and good enough to still run out of bottle before they run out of grip in the dry.

Not had them on a track yet though but for road use can't fault them.

• Like 1