New Owner, Newbury, Berkshire

martin123

Hello All,

Having spent many months looking for my perfect car I finally found one.  It was delivered today, cant wait for the weather to dry up so I can take her for a spin!

My first Westfield and im pretty darn happy  :d

Pic below

SEiW 2 litre Zetec

Martin

• Like 2

:ww: , interesting bonnet air intake, i like it.

It's from the days when the factory launched a small volume type approved factory built range of cars. It was offset to accommodate the standard Ford fuel injection on, if I remember correctly, the CVH engine. ZVH rings a vague bell somewhere for the model name!

WSC ltd were at the National Motor-show at the NEC the year they launched them, they had the CVH engined cars there, along with a Cosworth Turbo powered model!

Hello All,

Having spent many months looking for my perfect car I finally found one.  It was delivered today, cant wait for the weather to dry up so I can take her for a spin!

My first Westfield and im pretty darn happy  :d

Pic below

Martin

Congratulations, tidy looking car!

Congratulations Martin it looks like a great car. We hope to see you at the Thames Valley meets in the future, the next one is on 13th March at the Bird in Hand on the A4 at Knowl Hill from 12:30ish. If it's wet we'll be there in tin tops.

:ww:

:ww: , interesting bonnet air intake, i like it.

It was for the Zetec engine with standard Ford alloy intake plenum. It was supplied with the complete kits, mine was made in 1996. Probably also used on factory built cars which had different bodywork around the front suspension to the kits. If on the original engine there should be a 'Power Products' plate on the cam cover.

It allows lovely cool air to flow around the rear of the engine when moving which is exactly where my cone filter sits. There used to be a standard Ford air filter housing mounted behind the engine above the bell housing. You may see two round hole where the supports sat from the box.  My filter was removed when I changed to the cone filter as the inlet was up tight against the thermostat housing before - great for preheated inlet air....

The hump on the bonnet creates the perfect airflow to keep the screen fairly clear of rain on the drivers side if you use some decent rain repellent.

Are you still running a Ford ECU / inlet etc Martin?

Welcome to the club Martin, nice colour. 

Congratulations Martin it looks like a great car. We hope to see you at the Thames Valley meets in the future, the next one is on 13th March at the Bird in Hand on the A4 at Knowl Hill from 12:30ish. If it's wet we'll be there in tin tops.

:ww:

Thanks Steve,

Have added the date to the diary, hope to see you there.

It was for the Zetec engine with standard Ford alloy intake plenum. It was supplied with the complete kits, mine was made in 1996. Probably also used on factory built cars which had different bodywork around the front suspension to the kits. If on the original engine there should be a 'Power Products' plate on the cam cover.

It allows lovely cool air to flow around the rear of the engine when moving which is exactly where my cone filter sits. There used to be a standard Ford air filter housing mounted behind the engine above the bell housing. You may see two round hole where the supports sat from the box.  My filter was removed when I changed to the cone filter as the inlet was up tight against the thermostat housing before - great for preheated inlet air....

The hump on the bonnet creates the perfect airflow to keep the screen fairly clear of rain on the drivers side if you use some decent rain repellent.

Are you still running a Ford ECU / inlet etc Martin?

Hi Ian,

No its running Weber Alpha ECU for a silvertop 2 litre Zetec on twin Weber 45's.  That's about my limit of understanding on the technical side, car came from Toybox as I don't know a great deal about mechanics and Andrew @ Toybox was very helpful.  Drives great and its plenty quick enough for me at the moment