How many moons to build your Westfield?

Kyle

As I'm having an existential crisis about how long it's taking me to progress my build, it led me to wonder how long y'all took to build yours from collection to completion?

Stripping of donor to IVA = Feb to Oct 2011, but I did build the kit as per the manual using starter and completion pack supplied by Westfield.

My friends consider this a sign of being 'on the spectrum'  - personally, I just found the whole thing such fun I didn't really do much else!  I work (ahem....) from home and with a smart phone in the garage no one knows you ain't at the desk in a suit and tie!

There was an occasion when I was sorting a wiring issue at midnight in my dressing gown and nothing else.....maybe my friends have a point.. :d

159 calendar days from collection to passing IVA on the first attempt

I like Mooch was mildly gripped and obsessed with it

• Like 1

2 years and 3 months so far......

:(

December 1993 to September 1995,  (yes the car and me are that old LOL) :laugh:

That did include fully reconditioniong the engine and gearbox myself as well as all the other second hand parts like brakes and axle

Was easyer to register back then though, All pre IVA. Them were the days. :rolleyes:

Keep at it its worth it. :)

5 weeks.

...but that was back in 1991 when all you had to do was let some bloke wander over and peer at it for 5 minutes then take it for an MOT.

Have to include prep time between ordering and arrival of kit as that's when I built the engine and sourced/fettled the donor parts.

My last project took 6 years mostly due to lack of funds. My current project, already almost a year in from deciding to do it and collecting the first donor car. Done nothing so far other than planning and prepping of donor parts. 

BUT, it's not a race. Enjoy the journey! The minute you start fretting about the time it's taking, you'll start taking the shine off the whole deal.

3 years... a house move and a baby!

Just under a year from collection to passing IVA.  Best advice I got before starting was to do something on it every day(ish), even if just ordering a part or making a phone call.  Easy to get out of the habit of working on it if you have long periods of inactivity.

Unfortunately I now have to take the diff out (oil leak) so will be going backwards...  :down:

• Like 1

Exactly 12 months from first sitting in a Westfield at the Detling Kit Car Show to driving it legally on the road for the first time after passing SVA and the DVLA registration.

Build was about 8 months in total. I could have done it quicker, but I wasn't very good at planning ahead when it came to ordering parts from various suppliers and I kept running out of money.

Fourteen or fifteen months for me. Would have been less, but the build ran into summer months when I had very little time to work on it.

12 months from first attacking the donor car with a spanner to getting it road legal. 320 hours of work, most of which were spent wondering where I'd put that tool now...

• Like 2

Mines around 18 months but I did get married in the middle which tied up all the money for 6 months and I haven't planned ahead very well with ordering parts

Built two now, both took me 12 mouths. The current one could have been done a lot quicker if it wasn't for funds & parts supply.

O & a wife an two young kids!!!