Phantom 3 Advanced drone, question.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

And here, you have to remember these are my first flights and attemps at editing. Now a dab hand at it, well thats what i keep telling myself lol

• Like 1

Blooming Heck Terry.

That certainly has a rate of climb.

Everything just looks so amazing from above.

Thanks for posting.

They are great, really stable

They bounce around a bit in the wind as the gps corrects the position. Always seems safe though

Catching by hand is easy and always a safer bet if you are unsure about landing it.

Selling mine soon if anyone is interested in a beginners one. It won't depreciate and you can try it out on a much more affordable one

I am interested in one, what have spec have you got and how much are you looking for?

If you're a novice flyer, and more importantly can afford it, you might want to look at the P4 but remember that it's not bulletproof and it could be painful on the pocket of things go wrong! My advise, if anyone is set on the P4 is to wait until the wrinkles are ironed out. DJI will not guarantee that you may still crash with the P4 - the collision avoidance technology is only forward facing and most crashes tend to happen unsighted of the camera ie to the sides or when 'backing up' - you won't be coverd under warranty for such collisions.

Personally, unless anyone is a slave to the latest gadgets, is to go for the P3A or even the P3P as we may see a further slight reduction in price of the latter. Learn to fly manually with the control sticks and don't wholly depend on the in-built automation because if things go wrong, you'll need to be able to pull yourself out of danger.

I'm looking at apps for my P3A to give me everything the P4 offers apart from collision avoidance at a far cheaper price tag! Rumours are already emerging that the P4 Active Track feature isn't all it's cracked up to be. Watch the unveiling video where the female tracked subject is wearing bright pink against a black backdrop so that the P4 can 'see' her and that the lad on the bike (who acts as a 'distraction' for the P4), one he doesn't cycle too close to the female and two, he is wearing blue which is more difficult to differentiate against the black backdrop. Results are showing that, in some instances, the P4 'loses sight' of the tracked subject momentarily before refocusing on them. I believe that someone has tested subjects against a grassy backdrop with poor results. Sounds like I'm really putting the P4 down but all I'm saying is to be cautious and watchful, and maybe wait for a while for it to settle in the market ;)

• Like 2

Whats the height limit on these?

I believe the flight radius is 3 and a half kilometres

Whats the height limit on these?

The beginner mode limits flights to within 30m height and distance from the rc however, once you deactivate this mode you are not permitted under CAA rules to go higher than 120m (believe me, that's pretty far vertically), but the app allows you to set the height to a max of 500m. Can't recall horizontal distance but many have achieved at least 2 miles from the rc with the P3A and P3P. Again, CAA rules state that the remote pilot must always remain in line of sight (LOS) of the aircraft (believe me again, when I say that you certainly want to, as yer erse goes like a rabbit's nose when you lose sight of it and your orientation! :laugh:  :laugh: ). Personally, I think anything above 200m and you lose ground definition and some flyers just fly beyond for bragging rights!

DJI settings are in accordance with the rules for these types of drone. Height wise is 400ft x just over 1km from memory however the line of sight applies so watch yourself.

I am interested in one, what have spec have you got and how much are you looking for?

PM Sent

PM Sent

Cheers, replied.  (sorry for thread hi jack!)

Cheers, replied.  (sorry for thread hi jack!)

No worries.

Did you buy one.