Phantom 3 Advanced drone, question.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

This is the bag I have bought to keep it all in.

• Like 1

No worries.

Did you buy one.

Just in touch with Ian about his , it would be a gift for my father to help him do surveys of buildings (he's an architectural tech) so don't need huge spec just the ability to easily check around the roof line, chimneys etc. and take some reasonable quality still shots and video.

Still need to work out the implications of using a drone for work purposes; i suspect there will be some legislation somewhere on it.  Although its not for use in every situation it could save him time and risk going up ladders to get a better look at bits he needs to see.

Just in touch with Ian about his , it would be a gift for my father to help him do surveys of buildings (he's an architectural tech) so don't need huge spec just the ability to easily check around the roof line, chimneys etc. and take some reasonable quality still shots and video.

Still need to work out the implications of using a drone for work purposes; i suspect there will be some legislation somewhere on it.  Although its not for use in every situation it could save him time and risk going up ladders to get a better look at bits he needs to see.

Have you thought about something like this.

http://www.4kam.com/gutter_inspection_pole_camera.htm

http://www.4kam.com/roof_inspection_pole_camera.htm

This is the bag I have bought to keep it all in.

Geoffrey, I'm rapidly going off you, mate! :laugh: Thanks for the great link .. it actually answered one very specific question for me, and that's if there was room to store my tablet and a slightly larger than standard custom sun shade I plan to make (the standard ones still allow too much ambient light to reflect onto the screen!). The answer is definitely yes! :d

I only wished I'd known about this backpack a month ago when I got my P3A deal .. could've dropped the DJI backpack in favour of any extra battery or something, oh well!

EDIT: On impulse (but I know I won't regret it) I've went an ordered the Manfrotto backpack! :d

Lol.

Sorry Robert.

Buy one from SLR HUT.

I have earned some points from buying my drone so you could have the points and get another 10.00 off I think.

I would have to check.

You have mentioned survey work and that could constitute the "for profit" rule and under these rules and each flight would have to be notified to the authority. Not to mention that you would have to get a licence as well.

We are able to fly these without all the above if it's just for pleasure.

Just a thought.

Terry

Lol.

Sorry Robert.

Buy one from SLR HUT.

I have earned some points from buying my drone so you could have the points and get another 10.00 off I think.

I would have to check.

Kind of you mate, but I've ordered mine from 3D Broadcast Ltd who are doing them for £136 posted. So glad, otherwise I'd have been kicking myself of your offer of your points, lol!

So, mine is still for sale if anyone is interested

Comes with 3x batteries and a DJI backpack

Spare propellers

Propeller guards

DJI camera

Model is FC40

Thanks Geoffrey

I hadn't thought of these but they look like they are designed for the job, I suppose the only problem is the price. £199 plus p&p without the pole and then another £100 for the extending pole.

For the price I wonder if a drone would have more utility?

Thanks Geoffrey

I hadn't thought of these but they look like they are designed for the job, I suppose the only problem is the price. £199 plus p&p without the pole and then another £100 for the extending pole.

For the price I wonder if a drone would have more utility?

I would have thought the long pole was a far better option.

You imagine trying to survey a building on a busy street.

There will  people and cars to deal with. All the TV cables, phone cables and power cables to contend with.

Trees in peoples garden etc, etc.

If you were looking at cracked brickwork or loose flashings, then I don't think the drone would get close enough and if it did I think it would be very risky.

For me the camera and pole wins every time as there are no major issues to deal with unless you were close to power lines.

• Like 1

Well I unpacked my aircraft today and the quality is amazing.

The drone, controller and all the accessories certainly do not look cheap or flimsy and the documentation is very good also.

I have not flown it yet as the batteries are charging.

It was picked up from the supplier in the USA on Wednesday at 18.56. It then went to New York, flew to East midlands airport, was put on a truck to Bristol where it was given to the courier to bring to Hereford. It arrived with me on Friday at 12.03.

How brilliant is that.

A big thumbs up to SLR HUT.  :t-up:

• Like 1

RAB.

Inside the bag there are three "pads" that hold the aircraft in place. The rain cover for the rucksack is in one of these pockets. 

I thought it was an extra that you had to but but it comes with the bag.

There are also two straps that I thing go through the vertical seam down the back of the bag and they will hold a tripod in place.

You will love the bag.

• Like 1

Should be here by Wednesday I'll then have the genuine DJI hardshell backpack for sale if you know of anyone who might be interested

I also bought one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Inspire-1-Remote-Control-Strap-DJI-1197-/331738460359?hash=item4d3d2730c7:g:o1gAAOSwpDdVRLn8

What a difference.

I had my iPad air on the controller, and I was using a neck strap attached to the controller. Within a few minutes my neck was really sore.

This shoulder strap is a million times more comfortable and you can also adjust the height that the controller hangs.

I am now looking for a sun visor to stop the reflection on the iPad.

I have been looking at these.

http://www.hoodivision.com/#!products-new/cpce

There are others on eBay but from what i have read, they don't all seem to work.

The one above is a tad expensive but from the forums, it seems to work.