Free 30th Anniversary Stoneleigh T-Shirts... What's your size?

Captain Colonial

What's your T-shirt size?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK gang, the 30th anniversary celebrations continue! Members attending Stoneleigh this year will receive a free 30th anniversary T-shirt!

We need to order the shirts, so the point of this poll is not so much numbers as to gather percentages for each size to determine the quantities for the order.

So if you are attending Stoneleigh, please tell us your size in the poll - thanks!

Note: Read this again - you will only get a free T-shirt if:

> You attend the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire on 1-2 May 2016
> You are a WSCC Member, Joint Member, Trader, or Sponsor - and we will be checking! You may be asked to show photo ID to prove your eligibility

What will not be allowed:

> Taking more than one shirt
> Collecting a shirt for another member who can't make it to Stoneleigh
> Posting a shirt before, during, or after Stoneleigh - collection at Stoneleigh only
> Reserving a shirt before the show - too complicated, too resource tapping. Show up early to ensure best choice

This is a blatant, unapologetic bribe to get the best possble member turnout at Stoneleigh for our 30th anniversary celebrations - simple as that. And we want to see lots of T-shirts walking around Stoneleigh, making everyone else jealous.

Let's be having your size! :t-up:

Here's what it will look like - just think how smart you'll look in it! (Well, most of you, anyway - click on photo to enlarge. :p )

30T.jpg

• Like 7

How generous, it would be rude to refuse -  a small for me please.

How generous, it would be rude to refuse -  a small for me please.

Please vote in the poll at the top! :)

• Like 1

Would I have to wear mine under my AO shirt with it casually open, or over it looking like a complete, Blue armed idiot.

Just remembered, I'll have one sleeve rolled up swearing at Scott.

Why will your sleeve be swearing at me! Is your shirt possessed?

Don't know, I've not actually worn it yet.

Now then, you lot who have already agreed to give your time for Stoneleigh and for those that do in the next few weeks. I'll do my best to ensure you get a tee on the day.

(Andy - give me the volunteers list beforehand with their shirt sizes and I will set aside anniversary shirts for them - Scott)

Which means we now have a new role for the Stoneleigh weekend vis, "Keeping the masses at bay so they don't overwhelm MemSec in the fight for a free 30th tee"...

Only those with a strong constitution and bottomless capacity for tea should apply for the above role.

We will see how many shirts are left over, if any at all, after Stoneleigh. At that point, we will look at taking any remainders to our Silverstone Classic celebration for those who couldn't make Stoneleigh (people who attend both will not get two T-shirts). Once both these events are out of the way, we will see what the state of play is. But I'm pretty sure those who attend will snap up the shirts like well-dressed hungry sharks - and we are producing them only in a limited number, first come, first dressed. So it's best not to get one's hopes up that some will be left after both events. (We wouldn't be thanked for buying too many and have them gathering dust somewhere - they are being produced in bulk, not one at a time, hence the reason for a sizes poll to get the order as right as we can.)

This is all about celebrating the anniversary together, as a group, using the shirts as an incentive to attend the events. It's not about generating more work for volunteers in doing all the P & P, creating invoices, depositing cash and cheques in the bank, etc. We are doing these shirts for free (like the free special celebration mag and stickers everyone got) because we've worked very hard to get the club finances back to a healthy state - we don't need or want extra money by selling and posting them. I'm already slightly in the proverbial doghouse as we now need more volunteers at Stoneleigh to administer the distribution of the shirts during the show.

While I'm very sorry for those who cannot attend Stoneleigh, I hope they can attend Silverstone instead where hopefully there will be a T-shirt available in their size. I understand a few will be disappointed and I'm sorry about that, but it's all to show you were there at the event, like concert shirts in a way. Feel free to blame me if you like. If only I had a magic wand...

Which means we now have a new role for the Stoneleigh weekend vis, "Keeping the masses at bay so they don't overwhelm MemSec in the fight for a free 30th tee"...

Only those with a strong constitution and bottomless capacity for tea should apply for the above role.

Yeah. That or complete idiots. Since the free T-shirts were my bright idea, I will do the distribution duties on Sunday, as long as someone fetches me a burger and a beer or two during the day.

I can see the logic, and fully understand the work that would be involved in a more widespread approach Scot.

I was expecting some sort of clothing release to celebrate 30 years, but tbh expected it through the Club Merchandise Site & Clarke who already is set up for this sort of venture and does an excellent job.

Added: I will live in hope as I am absolutely definitely at the Silverstone Classic  :)  :yellow-westy:​