Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

So that's about it for Stoneleigh 2016. Just a couple of us left, waiting for cars to be released from the Hall. A few bits of auto jumble left over so let me know if you want them back, sell for charity or bin. Huge thanks to everyone who pitched in, see you at Silverstone.

• Like 6

Thanks for a cracking weekend, highlight for me was lamb and beer, oh and cars!

Afraid i did an anti-social depart and didn't hug anyone, but i did beat most of the rain until about 18 miles from home, at which point I was filling the tank with finest "high octane" a la Tesco so was undercover for the brief but biblical downpour.  

I feel a bit of a fraud for getting the free camping when my actual stint of car parking attendant was cut short for photo shoot then terminated through lack of parking direction being required.

I haven't booked Silverstone yet, but probably will now, so hopefully see you all there.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Just got home at 6:00 after a great weekend, first time I've been involved with the club and couldn't find a better bunch.

I had rain and spray all the way from Stoneleigh to donington, then dry. The car's tucked up in the garage and I've been told to have a shower as I smell like an old car!

How long to Silverstone?

• Like 3

Great weekend - thanks everyone for the company (and willingness to listen to my wittering)!

• Like 3

I went on Sunday, the WSCC stand was clearly the best club effort.

However, this was my second Stoneleigh and I thought it was pretty much identical to last year - even down to the stand positionings in the halls.

Not sure I'll bother going again next year! Not a comment against the club, but just generally about the show.

Yup top weekend - really great to catch up with everyone

Thanks to all that made it happen

• Like 1

If I just went for the one day visit I'm not sure I'd go every year.

BUT stopping the night, pitching in with help and joining in with the comeradery and social makes it a must do IMO - not to be missed.

The BBQ on Saturday and the excellent spit roast lamb with barrels of beer (or wines) on Sunday really helped everyone have a thoroughly great time.

Mrs Smeg (Wendz / onliest tigger) wasn't 100% keen on coming but ended up wanting to stay the extra night and despite tuning out when it sometimes got a bit 'Westie geek' enjoyed the company immensely :-D

• Like 2

I went on Sunday and had a really enjoyable day. Although disappointed with trade stands (I found it difficult to spend any money at all), the highlight for me was helping out on the club stand.

It was good to meet some people I'd been talking to on here but never met in person, and also meet some new people. So I have to say thank you for letting me help out on the stand .

• Like 2

A big thanks from Nakki, myself and our boys for a great WSCC 30th anniversary at Stoneleigh, what a great weekend  :t-up: Thanks all  :d

• Like 1

What a great show!  WSCC organisation was brilliant.  Badges were a great idea Scott - you'll have to think of a gift for next year.  Food was brilliant. Beer was brilliant.  Fellowship was brilliant etc etc.  Found out that Siltec are just down the round from where we live so dont feel quite so isolated here in Norfolk  Especially grateful for engraved tankard from the club.  The whole job was pretty near perfect IMO  :)

Finally managed to get the tankard to you, it's been sat in my wardrobe since October.

• Like 2

Got back around 7:45 and only had a bit of rain early on then sunshine all the way home!

Big thanks to "the management" for organising a spectacular weekend. Top job chaps and skilfully executed.

Sorry for snoring so much on Saturday night but the beer blanket had the desired effect for me if not for my tenting neighbours

Fabulous weekend roll on the next one!

Didn't hear you snoring, it was coming from the other side. I was blaming Dave (Sand Dancer), but Ian (Tolf) owned up.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made me feel very welcome on my first visit. I think our Westfield stand sets the standard for others to follow.

On a separate note, I must thank Chris King for sorting the accommodation out, as a non tenter, the experience was much more comfortable than I was expecting.

All in all I've come away with a smile on my face and the feeling I'm part of a great club.

• Like 3

Fantastic weekend.

I'd like to thank everyone for making it a great weekend. Superb effort from the organizers and all that helped.

Stoneleigh has for me become far more than a car show, it's a social event and you definitely get out of it what you put in.

So from Jay and myself, thank you for the best stoneleigh ever.

• Like 1