Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

A note on TinTop parking.

Please DO NOT park your TinTop, Van, trailer or other Non-kit car around the marquee or on the road. I have secured  parking across the road from the WSCC camp site for our sole use. The barrier will be up but we will put out cones and signs and will be monitoring the area as will the site security.

There is to be NO messing about in the car park and it MUST be litter free when you leave.

After two years of asking, we've finally been given the space by Stoneleigh and by the private company who's car park it is. We do not want to create the wrong impression, rather we want to create a fantastic impression so we will be welcomed back.

Please see Ian, Marcus or myself for a parking pass to display before parking up.

Ta  :yes:

• Like 1

I have 2 mates attending and will be arriving on the Saturday afternoon. Would they be free to jump in and help set anything up or just help out in general on anything that needs doing? They aren't members of wscc or kit car owners in general.

I have 2 mates attending and will be arriving on the Saturday afternoon. Would they be free to jump in and help set anything up or just help out in general on anything that needs doing? They aren't members of wscc or kit car owners in general.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think they would be able to get in I'm afraid. They'd need to come as paying public on Sunday when the show opens.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think they would be able to get in I'm afraid. They'd need to come as paying public on Sunday when the show opens.

Ahh I see. There camping so assumed they could. Not a problem

Sorry, my bad. Public camping opens Saturday. So yes if you want to wander over. Thanks.

Will there be somewhere to charge mobile phones, cameras, ipads etc?

I've bought myself a USB charger, so I'm sorted.

The forecasts over the past 10 days for Stoneleigh at the weekend have only reinforced my view that the Met Office just make this stuff up and change it every twelve hours to make money. It's gone from dry to light rain to heavy rain to dry but cold to pouring rain to moderate rain to dry to showers. At the moment, the forecast is quite favourable indeed and I'm feeling more confident as we get closer.

A lot of great people have gone through a lot of work preparing for the show and for no reward other than to give back to the club and its members, and to make sure you have fun. Pack and dress accordingly, but please come to the show, enjoy, eat, drink and be merry, and help us celebrate our 30th.

• Like 4

Just laminated the updated Car Data sheet and printed out some jumble information slips... Only 3 sleeps :yes:

• Like 2

Do we all need a data sheet?

My rear Protechs haven't turned up so I will have to put the boot box and roll bar back together tomorrow, and then try some waterproofs on and pack a bag!

Do we all need a data sheet?

Nope down to you. They are a great idea to hang on the car though. Q and A sheet was a good idea floated from last year but that will be something for next years organising team to put together.

I started ramming stuff into my passenger footwell last night. Camping stuff all aboard. Just need to buy supplies today now (I. E. Beer).

Oh, and if the snow and hail would stop, that would be great. Although I did practice driving whilst holding an umbrella too.

All packed n ready.....

Just the roof on roof off decision pending weather tomorrow morning!

All packed n ready....

Don't have a roof, so easy decision! :)