Where do I buy a half hood?

GuyT

Hello.

Mine sits over the screen with the attached plastic channel. There is then a pull fixing that attached to the middle of the windscreen over a spike that looks like the spike on the top of an old German helmet. There are then two poppers, one on each corner of the hood that fits over the poppers in the corner of the windscreen. Everything came supplied.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6XvQQUd78g

Thanks for this Geoffrey,

I've read elsewhere about the pull fixing and spike but cant say I saw it, especially not the spike bit, assume I can pick one up.  I haven't had a detailed look but I didn't see the poppers either, lets hope they are there, I shall be looking more closely later.  I know there are the popper 'receivers' on the windscreen, I noted those the other week  :d ..... atleast I've noted something.

Cheers

If SBF7 have'nt already done it you will need to waterproof the hood as mine needed it after its first outing to Stoneleigh last year and it tipped it down !

If SBF7 have'nt already done it you will need to waterproof the hood as mine needed it after its first outing to Stoneleigh last year and it tipped it down !

Is that required for the factory half hood as well then? assuming same material, how do you waterproof the hood?

Is that required for the factory half hood as well then? assuming same material, how do you waterproof the hood?

No idea to be honest but sure someone with the Westfield roof can say yeah or neah. I used the stuff( forgotten what it is called) that SBF7 recommended. Put the roof on the car and painted on the waterproofing let it dry over night and repeated this again and not a drop of rain comes through. I will add mine is not the standard plane roof I got mine as the Saltire flag so there is stiching across the roof. Once waterproofed it has been fully tested in serious heavy rain and typicle Westie there was water comeing in from other places ;-)

Just googled it and it is this that I used http://www.force4.co.uk/grangers-fabsil-waterproofer-m.html?gclid=CISgjMvWoMwCFSsq0wodcwINZw

Good question about the factory half hood.

I have one and whilst I have used it in the rain, I've never used it in really heavy rain so I'd be interested to know if I'm going to have a leaky roof in a downpour?!

The factory HH is Mohair, it does, like any Mohair soft top need a little bit of looking after. You can buy cleaner/treatment kits from the likes of Halfords etc. Basically just a deep cleaner, followed by a water repellent top coat.

It doesn't need doing very often, though if caught in a really heavy downpour, I do like to top it up again after.

I use Gtechniq's i1 Smart Fabric on mine now, cause I really like their products. But essentially, it gives a similar effect to what the old Scotch Guard used to on shoes, leaving a water repellent finish that helps moisture bead off.

I had no water come through the HH fabric last year on the ridiculously wet Stoneleing convoy.

No idea to be honest but sure someone with the Westfield roof can say yeah or neah. I used the stuff( forgotten what it is called) that SBF7 recommended. Put the roof on the car and painted on the waterproofing let it dry over night and repeated this again and not a drop of rain comes through. I will add mine is not the standard plane roof I got mine as the Saltire flag so there is stiching across the roof. Once waterproofed it has been fully tested in serious heavy rain and typicle Westie there was water comeing in from other places ;-)

Just googled it and it is this that I used http://www.force4.co.uk/grangers-fabsil-waterproofer-m.html?gclid=CISgjMvWoMwCFSsq0wodcwINZw

I've got some of this stuff looks like you can brush or spray on, I think I'll brush on so I can do it whilst on the car without it spraying everywhere!
  • Like 1