M16 CALIPERS, VENTED DISCS AND PADS

Jon Murray

M16 CALIPERS, VENTED DISCS AND PADS

flaming sold.gif

These brake components were fitted to my factory built (year 2000) Westfield SEiGHT from new – and were removed this summer after two years and only 2500 dry miles of use!  They are in excellent condition.

For pictures, click here: – click any image for a larger picture.

Pictures of brake components for sale

M16 Calipers

Excellent condition, I have given them a very light clean which brought out the nice ‘bronzy-gold’ electro-plated finish as supplied by the factory.

Plastic plugs were fitted to fluid ports as soon as removed from car.

Factory fitted with correct spacers to suit vented discs.

All pistons move easily and freely.

Bleed nipples have dust caps and no rounding to the nipple itself.

All electro-plated bolts, spacers and spring washers provided to bolt straight to hub.

Never had silicon fluid in them.

2500 miles use only!

Vented Discs

These have no rust to the friction surface, as appears in the first picture – it’s the lighting – honest!  Click on the disc close up to get a picture of their true condition.

Standard 244mm diam vented discs.

No measurable wear.

Absolutely no ‘lip’ at the edge.  

Excellent condition.

Usual light surface rust to non friction surfaces.

2500 miles use only!

Pads

I have measured the depth of material on each pad and they all have 8 to 9mm of friction material on them (hardly used)

I do not know what compound they are – they were supplied fitted to the car from new.

These are a free gift!

Known Issues:

The only thing that makes one of the callipers not “mint” is that one piston dust seal has a very small split in it (about 4mm long).  Until today, I have never had the pads out of these callipers, so Westfield themselves must have done this.  In any case, it’s not a huge problem as the split is so small that dust/water would not ingress.  The seal can easily be changed in less than a minute and the part would be very cheap to buy.

Price: £60 (firm) for both callipers, both vented discs, fitting bolts and the pads – Sorry, it’s not practical to split.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.