• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Tunnel speed limit to drop to 20mph!

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

I know Julie and can confirm she's not a 'boy' racer. :d

You can still do 20mph, dip the clutch and rev the engine to make a lovely noise which is what they will undoubtedly do - brilliant thinking from someone!

• Like 1

The current speed limit in the tunnel is 30 mph. As Scott said and simply don't change gear, keep it revving. The tunnel is much smaller than normal big road tunnels which helps make a lot of noise without the high speeds. This gives the impression of a higher speed than you are actually doing to any onlookers.

So a 20 mph speed limit will not alter the enjoyment of driving through the tunnel. The newspaper has probably highlighted it to more boy racers as it is relatively unknown and not on a road you would just drive past on your way to get somewhere.

Just remember, I am One Careful Lady Owner and not a Boy Racer  :d  :d  :d

• Like 2

must admit ime partial to the odd tunnel run  :d

marcusb%20manc%20to%20Belgium%20tour%202

• Like 1

Actually, because the speed limit is lower, the noise will last for longer! Whoever thought of this didn't think it through very well.

• Like 1

On the wrong side of the road ???

Austria  ;)

Wow, that is an amazing bit of filming, it was really good fun to watch so it must have been great to actually do it. Just begs one question, where is it? not that I am thinking of going there, no, not at all!

Thanks, Mark, for sharing it, perhaps we need a 'tunnel' section on the forum, it is, afterall, an important part of Westfield life.

Wow, that is an amazing bit of filming, it was really good fun to watch so it must have been great to actually do it. Just begs one question, where is it? not that I am thinking of going there, no, not at all!

Thanks, Mark, for sharing it, perhaps we need a 'tunnel' section on the forum, it is, afterall, an important part of Westfield life.

I'm guessing it's the Mersey Tunnel?

Hi Julie, it was filmed in the Mersey Tunnel  a couple of years ago with me as passenger with Mark, I just had a hand held Go-pro couldn't believe how good it turned out

Jeff 

• Like 1