• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

North East Monthly Meet & Runouts

Kingster

Where are you based Tex? Im only minutes away from Nissan on the washington side of the tunnel, so it may be possible to have two meet points and then join up on route.

Cool, so maybe run up from stockton to meet me (and possibly others) somewhere around Doxford/Houghton le spring, then onward towards the tunnel to meet up with the others.

I'm from Sunderland and would gladly have an alternative meeting point before meeting everyone else north of the Tyne

Chris is going to be the main guy for organising run outs as I am often away competing at weekends. So if anyone interested in doing run-out lets Chris know by posting on here or PMing him then he can sort it.  :yes:

• Like 1

Guys, Im in Penshaw, so not far from Sunderland and just off A19 for Stockton. I see no reason why a pre meet point is not possible ad then catch up with the other Westies and NE7ER's.

Last season I was the only one heading through the tunnel to meet up.

Andy there's also Graeme (maddas) who lives near you in the blue FW who gets out regularly.

As Nick says I'll be organising run outs as soon as the 'season' starts and happy to go south of the Tyne as well as north.

The main reason we did north last year was due to me getting to know an existing group of lads in 'sevens' who get out pretty much every weekend for a 1-200 mile blat and already have a regular meeting point. Made sense to tag along.

On our side of the Tyne the best roads are north and/or west and it's only a couple of miles drive to find nice A and B roads to kick off from.

However, there's obviously some great routes south of the river through Weardale to Devil's Bridge and through the North York Moors to Helmsley etc so I'd be happy to take those on board too.

We could also arrange to meet at a point part way on a run. For example if we do the lakes via Hartside then Tex could run over the A68 via Darlington, pick up a few of you near Crook and meet the northern mob at Riding Mill near Hexham. That way the run to the reccy point is more fun than a dual carriageway drudge.

Main thing is to get out regularly and follow the weather. By that I mean be prepared to swap to an alternate route if the forecast changes.

I'll be at both stoneleigh and Silverstone this year and will organise a convoy down to both so let me know if you want to join in.

We could also put up some favourite routes on google maps or another route planner so feel free to share!

I hope this wets your appetite, I'm getting excited already and I've not even mentioned the Alps yet!

I can't wait for this year. I must start my winter mods!  :oops:

Yeah me to Andy, just ordered a new 2.0 Zetec as the wife won't let me go to The Alps without a nice new reliable power plant :)

Will defiantly be doing stoneleigh Chris and silverstone is something that I'm seriously tempted by and looking at so would be in for the convoy down

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget this month's meeting on Tuesday 16th at the Church Mouse.

Will be looking at alternative venues and times as an option moving forward so chip in with your suggestions please.