North East Monthly Meet & Runouts

Kingster

Last meeting Nick and I discussed the possibility of moving our monthly meeting day a week earlier - but we have yet to do so officially, so this month it will be on the 3rd Tuesday as usual.

I'm hoping to be there, but as I have no daily driver at the minute, due to (as some of you know) a set of thieving parentless scumbags, I might not make it.

If anyone fancies giving me a lift, that would be good - or if the weather is kind I could even delay my planned engine removal and take the Westy!

With a little luck the people dealing with my car claim/repair/return/whatever will have things moving a bit by then so that I know if I need to get another car or will be eligible for a courtesy car.

We shall see...

As Nick nicked (ahem) your car, he should give you a lift, Chris. :d

• Like 1

Unfortunately don't think I can make this month. Hope you get car sorted chris thieving sods

Got a courtesy car so will be there in a puke green Citroen cactus thing! Though it was only running on 3 the first time I started it up and turns out that's correct!

Got a courtesy car so will be there in a puke green Citroen cactus thing! Though it was only running on 3 the first time I started it up and turns out that's correct!

Most 3 cylinder cars do run on 3 Chris, but don't worry you'll catch on.

I learnt to drive in a 3 cylinder  :d  :d  showing my age again :cry:

Most 3 cylinder cars do run on 3 Chris, but don't worry you'll catch on.

I learnt to drive in a 3 cylinder :d:d showing my age again :cry:

Only three cylinder that was around when i were a lad was a Triumph Trident or if you were posh a Laverda Jota!

Only three cylinder that was around when i were a lad was a Triumph Trident or if you were posh a Laverda Jota!

Saab 96 = 2 stroke, great Rally car  :d  :d

Im out of sync with the meets etc at the minute, Tuesdays are not the easiest for me as my wife goes out on a Tuesday too. When the nicer weather comes it may be easier for me as I can bring my co-pilot with me and get our tea at the same time!!

id personally like to have the weekends as a meeting. after work is just too much sometimes. it could be linked to a drive out. weekdays dont give time for doing what the club is about - DRIVING!

We had a couple of good runs on a Sunday morning with the NE7er's

Towards the end of last year we had a few regular runs starting at around 10.30 on a Sunday. There was a good 5 or 6 cars out and it was brilliant fun.

Come the good weather we're doing it all again and will post details.

We tend to start out from near New York (no not the city!) which isn't too far from Tyne tunnel. That's because the regulars live nearby and there's a large petrol station there.

We tend to head out west or north and avoid dual carriageways at all cost!

.......then drive round a roundabout a few times working out where the lead cars have gone! lol

.......then drive round a roundabout a few times working out where the lead cars have gone! lol

Haha yes but fortunately that only happened once!

Towards the end of last year we had a few regular runs starting at around 10.30 on a Sunday. There was a good 5 or 6 cars out and it was brilliant fun.

Come the good weather we're doing it all again and will post details.

We tend to start out from near New York (no not the city!) which isn't too far from Tyne tunnel. That's because the regulars live nearby and there's a large petrol station there.

We tend to head out west or north and avoid dual carriageways at all cost!

im all interested in run outs - seems that when i organised them no one turns up hardly. theres a lot of owners out there but getting everyone together is hard. work tends to get in the way.

i found playing it by ear can work well - using text messaging works much better as not everyone reads website all the time.

tyne tunnel for us here is 40 miles away - but i can do that if needed - i do work at nissan for the last 24 years... so used to the run now. 

i still think weekdays are not the best way as people work and going out for a run can be in the dark or just too cold. night runs are fun but one offs. saturdays are good for me as im sure a lot of peeps might have that spare away from work pressures. after a day driving hard come tea time im knackered.

any ideas?