Garage Lighting,

Kevin (Mr T)

That's a lot of light from 60w.

60 watt is what I would liken it to. 

I have got mains, and a stack of 4-5ft flo tubes in mine, however I have also got a few 20w warm-white LED floodlights for outside and chucked them in the garage breifly.

You might get less shadows with an LED strip light, but you could do a hell of a lot worse tha a few cheap floods, and you can get them in 12v too. Of a car battery, charged at home.

Daniel

These things are useful for close up work, with a hook and magnets on the back, and a set of pound shop batteries last ages

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/72-led-inspection-lamp-a18jq

Better LEDs keep coming.  I have a little £5 torch that's as bright as a car headlight, and gets hot.  Uses a rechargeable lithium battery a bit bigger than an AA.  Have a look at one of the Chinese sites, like Banggood

I have loads of floury tubes, constantly changing starters, tubes and ballasts to keep 'em going.  Think it's time to go modern and change over to this new digital age with LED's.    Going to see my lighting consultant next week to see what's on offer.   

Better LEDs keep coming.  I have a little £5 torch that's as bright as a car headlight, and gets hot.  Uses a rechargeable lithium battery a bit bigger than an AA.  Have a look at one of the Chinese sites, like Banggood

I agree that there's some good electronics stuff available from China and worth a punt as it's not "mission critical" (unlike a con rod ;) )  My son bought some 12v LED flood lights direct from China (which is where they're all made anyway) and saved a fortune and postage only took a few days :)