Can anyone recommend a good low entry trolley jack

Sparkymart

£80 to £100 will buy you a lightweight aluminium jack that just about everyone uses on track days. They all seem to be the same but with different labels on them. machine mart is one of them. You only need a 1.25 ton version for our Westfields unless you need a high lifter. Have look on EBay.

I have the 1.25 ton one from machine mart and its excellent....the sgs one looks similar to the halfords one..

The halford low profile ones ive had were not good....said that ive got other sgs stuff and its ok.

The cheaper all steel ones are 50% heavier than the 1.25 alu jacks, something  to consider there.   I see SGS do the alu jack as well.

Both will lift the Westfield ok to change wheels and a a couple of extra inches height as well.   If you need extra height then you'll have to buy a larger jack.  

SGS or Clarke/machine mart are both good value ali.

But if you don't need lighter weight for portabilty you can save a lot of cash.

Unless your Westie is very very low you shouldn't have any issue with low entry jacks.

I 'park' on small wooden wedge to raise mine when I have small sprint tyre/wheels on.

I bought one of those 1.25T Aluminium ones about 5 years ago and love it..

It's sturdy and light - so perfect for taking to tracks or carrying out onto my drive.

Sometimes I place a block of wood on top if I need more height..

A while back I noticed the same design being sold with some LEDs built into the lifting plate!!

That might be of use to some people.?!.

The removable handle splits into two and, as our Westfields are pretty light, I only use the lower handle section..

Prior to buying that I was using two others -

My original cheap steel one that isn't very low entry and would gradually lower the car if you left a wheel off over night.!!.

Plus a nice big Sealy low entry jack that is great round the garage and lifts from very low to very high..

Trouble is it's bloomin heavy (about 50kg!!) so a pain to use away from the garage.!.

I went to the opposite end of the jack spectrum.

With mine I can almost walk under the car (once the heavy duty axle stands are in place of course).

IMG_20150807_154542_zpsu9xbrg5g.jpg

Best of all it cost me £25 off Ebay spares or repair and £7 for the replacement seal needed to make it 100% again.

Granted, you can't easily throw it in the boot box for a track day tho.... ;)

• Like 1

I've had a couple of the £30 ones from halfords in the past but they seem to loose height/pressure after a few years.

i now have the ally racing one from Machine mart.

At about £100 its not the cheapest thing in the world but its light, low and has RACING writen on it.

What more do you want.. :)

• Like 1

If any one wants a free aluminium "bulk buy" Jack from one of Norm's Lotus 7 Club bulk buy's, it's sitting here free for the first person that takes it away. It's pretty much identical to the bigger (1.5 ton?) jacks, with a square lifting pad.

Did me sterling service for years, and much lighter than a steel equivalent.

Needs some replacement seals, as currently it won't lift. (Started to slowly drift down, then just stopped lifting any sort of load)

It went on me, not long before IVA, so I didn't have time to strip it and fix it and bought a bigger, steel, replacement instead.

It'll get thrown in the tip over Christmas if not wanted, which seems a shame, but I just have too many "little projects" and will forever keep tripping over it...

(Collect from Congleton, or general area)

Thanks for all your replys SGS engineering have some good deals the aluminium racing jack for £69 including next day delivery but there is also a large one which lifts to over 500mm but it's a full size workshop jack and won't be easy to move around so in a bit of a dilemma

I have an arcon one from Costco.

Not the light weight aluminium one but an absolute beast of a jack! Low entry (same as the racing one) but actually better as it has a much longer reach as the low entry race ones didn't fit under my car as the low entry slopes up too soon.

I actually bought it so I could use it for Westfield and l200 I had at the time as it has a 3t weight limit.

What's the downside you say... It weighs an absolute tonne!