Geniuine - 1'cs and seats question

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Guys,

There has been further clarification posted by Nick on another thread in WSCC

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/116848-wscc-northampton-motorsport-speed-series-2016-regs/page-4

Nick's post read.....

This has just been posted in the Scrutineers Bulletin.

Tyre list correction

There is a correction to be noted to Tyre List 1B in the 2016 MSA Yearbook. You will note the Avon ZZR appears in both List 1B and List 1C. The Avon ZZR in List 1B should be accompanied by the following restriction “OE Fitments marked 15156 & 15157 only”. This tyre is only permitted as a 1B tyre if it is an Original Equipment part for the vehicle and bears these markings. Any other variations or fitments of the Avon ZZR are considered a 1C listed tyre. Remember it is the competitors responsibility to prove that a part is an Original Equipment fitment.

yes seen that  but then with the statement  from msa that  r888 sg can be used if they e marked .

was it or not the original reason due to the e marking rule  and soft tyres and fuel ratings. 

Wont 888s in SG compound be a couple of years old now? That being so, there wont be the same advantage in using them compared to other, new, soft compounds because as a tyre ages my understanding is that it looses some of its flexibility, ie starts behaving more like a harder compound?

The code on the side wall reads... W5F1715

So I believe that this means they were manufactured in the 17th week of 2015 = April 2015

Now it depends on your perspective if you call that as fresh fresh rubber, but they will do in my book...

I am going to do a hill climb next season, hence along the same thought I have checked with MSA re SG / GG with r888's and their reply was that we can use either In 1B as long as they are E marked...

have you this in writing or over the phone

If they're SG and produced after Nov 14, they shouldn't (in theory) be emarked or road legal. What a truly confusing, diabolical state of affairs!

have you this in writing or over the phone

Yes i have it in writing, i emailed them

And yes they are e marked

If g rated they should be marked as for competition use. E mark means something different again. Are these f or g rated though. I think it depended upon their size as well as compound

If g rated they should be marked as for competition use. E mark means something different again. Are these f or g rated though. I think it depended upon their size as well as compound

Ive just checked and they're F rated.

Sized 205/60/r13

• Like 1

Sized 205/60/r13

That is why they are fine in 1B ... for now

Sized 205/60/r13

Great news, should be fine then!