Woodford Air Museum from Cat and Fiddle, Sun 29 Nov, Peak District

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Thank you Richard for the lovely words.

The view from the pilot seat, (Guy Martin sat in the co-pilot seat in the TV programme, so by elimination I was sat in the pilot seat) basically you can see only the ceiling of the room it is in. So quite how you see where you are going I don't know, especially when the nose rises as it lands. 

AVRO%20Woodford%202015%20014_zpsl8ghuhc8

They also used to make Lancaster Bombers at Woodford

AVRO%20Woodford%202015%20010_zpszjmieaji

My brain was a bit mashed after yesterday, the driving was challenging, especially on the way home in the dark, trouble is I really enjoyed it and found it rewarding. The Bakewell to Buxton road in the morning was particularly good as the bends are more sweeping...until one tightens to catch you out. Easy driving equals boring driving, yes?

I think the pilots either sat on parachutes or the seat must rise up some how.  My uncle used to fly Vulcans and he was only around 5ft 6inch tall so there was no way he could see out without assistance of some form.:)

When I tried the pilots seat in the Vulcan the guide said that the seat was at its lowest setting but my head was touching the cockpit roof without the helmet that the pilots wear when flying!! On that basis I assume there is some height adjustment for those under my height of 6' 1".