WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series 2016 Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Cages is ongoing but reasonably positive, they've been very open about it's origin (which might surprise you) and I am in contact with Simon, the chairman of the speed events committee, to reach a conclusion. Mart was championing the tyre issue.

• Like 1

Rumour has it that the tyre lists have been thrown up in the air once again for the actual blue book publication....

I just read that in the actual published blue book ZZRs are listed in 1B without any restriction. I cant confirm it as my blue book hasn't yet arrived

Now you have my attention! This sounds interesting, maybe just a printing error or possibly a u turn?

I have the new BB, and I was surprised when I read that it didn't match the issued rule change.

If it is a u turn That has been made i would suggest that they would have issued some statement to that effect,,,, I favour a mis print has been made...

The only sure way is to get MSA to confirm...

I have the new BB, and I was surprised when I read that it didn't match the issued rule change.

If it is a u turn That has been made i would suggest that they would have issued some statement to that effect,,,, I favour a mis print has been made...

The only sure way is to get MSA to confirm...

I am not aware of any U turn and would expect that it is more likely to be a timing of publication compared with decision date.

Extracted from the 2016 Blue Book:

LIST 1B

Sports/Uprated Tyres

Suitable for Competition

5. Clubs wishing to use these tyres

in events or championships must

apply in writing to the MSA, and

SRs must provide for their use.

These tyres are prohibited for

Production Car racing.

Some tyres below are available

in compounds which are not

E-marked. Only those tyres below

that are E-marked are valid.

EU Regulation 1222/2009 for tyre

labelling exempts tyres designed

for use on cars first registered

before the 1st October 1990,

therefore a number of tyres

remaining on list 1b will only be

valid for cars registered before this

date , those tyres are appropriately

annotated below.

It is prohibited to re-groove tyres in

this list.

AVON

• ACB 10 Sport (pre 1/10/90)

• CR6ZZ (Including Sport)

(pre 1/10/90)

• Turbospeed CR28 Sport

(pre 1/10/90)

• CR500

• ZZR

• ZZS

This has just been posted in the Scrutineers Bulletin.

Tyre list correction
There is a correction to be noted to Tyre List 1B in the 2016 MSA Yearbook. You will note the Avon ZZR appears in both List 1B and List 1C. The Avon ZZR in List 1B should be accompanied by the following restriction “OE Fitments marked 15156 & 15157 only”. This tyre is only permitted as a 1B tyre if it is an Original Equipment part for the vehicle and bears these markings. Any other variations or fitments of the Avon ZZR are considered a 1C listed tyre. Remember it is the competitors responsibility to prove that a part is an Original Equipment fitment.

So we are all about to go and buy pre 1990s Westfields then. I didn't think the MSA were allowed to be ageist with their rules!!!!! At least they appear to have read part of ECE regulation 1222 but not all of it. :bangshead:  

• Like 2

Remember it is the competitors responsibility to prove that a part is an Original Equipment fitment.

On a kit car? :popcorn:  :popcorn:

• Like 1

So we are all about to go and buy pre 1990s Westfields then. I didn't think the MSA were allowed to be ageist with their rules!!!!! At least they appear to have

read part of ECE regulation 1222 but not all of it. :bangshead:  

Hmmm - might not need to go and buy one :)

• Like 1

Hmmm - might not to go and buy one :)

I guess, like me you have a pre 1990 registered car  :d

• Like 1