Hello everybody :)

Tommygun

Cheers Paul I will definitely take you up on that offer, going to see PeteG's 3.9 on Monday and hopefully if alls well I'll be stuck in M25 traffic later that day ;)

When is your Christmas meet?

Evening 5th December @ Prezzo, Printworks, Manchester

The Pandas (John, Manchester AO, and Lou, Mrs Panda) organising, so get in touch if you would like to join us all.

Whereabouts in Manchester are you Tommy?

I'm in Hollinwood, close the M60.

If you have not driven one before be careful with the loud pedal especially when roads are not warm and dry cos you will have a big power to weight ratio and acceleration (or wheelspin) to suit

I'm based either in Sale or Macclesfield Paul, I'll send you a message when I've found a car for a jaunt out?

Cheers Terry, I figured as much, it will be a while before I'm confident of my talent/ lead foot distribution ;)

tom was nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy the car .take it easy in the cold wet conditions. your a brave man to drive it home from Essex .going to be cold and dark journey .especially on r888 tyres.

if I can help don't hesitate to message me on anything .

regards pete

need to change profile now

The Cheshire Area's not far away either ;) some of us stay on the road all year round too!

It's our Christmas meal next week, rather than our usual meet - which you're more than welcome to join us at - we'll be off to the Eastern Revive in Knutsford for a Christmas Curry.

We often join up with the Peak District Area too who will be over this way, (Cat and Fiddle) at the weekend.

Fantastic car by the way, well done.

• Like 2

now your talking

:yes:  :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  

Hi tom

I have had my v8 since 1998 in its various forms and go to Cheshire meets. Knutsford is also close to Mac you can do both if you want to do both. Hope you enjoyed your drive home and it will only get better with experience and good weather. 888 are OK in the rain if you are careful :-)

Jon

Great,  you bought Pet's V8 :orange-westy: .      Westfields for the road are Not Uncomfortable, bit cold and wet sometimes but with the right suspension and seats they cruise around nicely.  

Windproof clothing is best when out in the cold, not quilted jackets , anoraks.  

Well it was a brilliant drive back, the motorway was dull as usual but I got stuck in traffic and the needle crept Upton 100 then down again, then the rain. I've since purchased wet weather gear as I have a new respect for bikers, I also have a new fear of lorries ;)

Thank you Pete she is a beautiful motor and not tucked up until I can use her again, I cannot wait!

I'm very glad I waited for a V8 and what an example! :)

I've a few things to do on the car when I get a chance and I'll try to meet up with some of the people on here over the coming months, as many as possible I hope :)

Thank you for all the suggestions and ideas folks I'm a very very proud westy owner now :d

Tom

• Like 3