Hello everybody :)

Tommygun

Well the time has come to let the moths free from their leathery confinement and purchase a V8.

This will be my first Westfield and the reason for the V8? Well the uncanny resemblance to the soundtrack of the beginning of the universe of course (though that may be a dream involving some exceptional whiskey)

I'm wondering what advice you fine gentlefolk could bestow on me to help me on my way?

Aero screen or windscreen?

RAC bar or chrome bar?

What are the best waterproofs to get that don't make you appear to be a stunt man from JASON or other horror films? (The all in one from the WSCC does have a touch of 1980's horror though that may just be me)

How best to enjoy your westys in winter?

Anything else that people might recommend?

Very new to this internet thing of forums etc but I'm very keen to be part of this community. (I'm 31 but always preferred girls and sticks laden with politicians promises)

I hope everyone is well and soon hope to have a numb bum and massive smile on my chops.

Tom

Hi Tom and  :ww:

I would go for windscreen, RAC Bar…don't worry about waterproofs,, just get out on the road... :d

:ww: have a look at soft bits for sevens as they have various watherproofing bits and bobs.

I use half doors, Perspex wind deflectors and a half hood.

You will love it.

Nice to see you want to drive all year.

OH. and plenty of cloths and towels.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the club. If you haven't bought a car yet don't worry about the finer details as you will probably want to tickle about with it anyway. The beauty of these cars is that you can alter anything on them and sell what you don't need to help fund it. They become your bespoke car.

Concentrate on getting a car and getting out there. Wear lots and lots of clothing, when you are not sure if you have enough on just add another layer, I bet you don't remove it. Then programme your wheels to head East and come join us in the Peak District, we make everyone very welcome, especially if they are in a V8.

Cheers

Julie

I have an aeroscreen and no interior (apart from the carbon fibre)

I treat it like a four wheeled motorbike so if it rains I get wet. :) 

There will be many answers to your question and it will come down to what you want from the car.

Its all part of the fun.

Oh and  :ww:  

As Stu said^^^ it's a personal choice I've done both, but I prefer the areosreen & if it's raining a helmet, snowboard jacket & trousers.

But only you can answer those questions.

Hi & Welcome

Andy

Thank you to all the replies everybody :) what a nice community :)

I'll certainly be taking you up on that offer Julie :)

Seems I'm about to go buy a lot of clothes, towels and aviation goggles ;)

• Like 1

if it rains it hurts so helmet is worth taking with you in winter for aero screen car. if using in winter might be worth fitting basic fibre glass seats as padding will get rather wet if raining hard. and can take ages to dry out.

v8 is a good choice very drivable and lovely noise

I have driven both aero screen and windscreen but prefer aero  . I don't wear any protection apart wooly hat and safely glasses. on a sunny day you cant beat it .

motor bike clothing is best in winter.in including gloves.

but to get most enjoyment wait till summer

Thanks Pete can't wait to come see your vehicle

The (other) love of my life is a biker and she has told me to get motorbike leathers or similar as well :)

Cheers :)

don't need leathers but water proof motor bike gear is ideal

I have an aeroscreen and no interior (apart from the carbon fibre)

I treat it like a four wheeled motorbike so if it rains I get wet. :)

There will be many answers to your question and it will come down to what you want from the car.

Its all part of the fun.

Oh and :ww:

Plus 1 on the above!

Welcome aboard

I'm wondering what advice you fine gentlefolk could bestow on me to help me on my way?

Tom

The best advice i can offer (17 years of westy ownership) is get along to your local Manchester area meeting, we are the boys that know  :laugh:

Speak to Wayne he just gone from a Aeroscreen to a windscreen, and may be going back to an aeroscreen.

We have our Christmas 'do' coming up soon maybe you could joins us, it's in town, then we can tell you all about it, it will be very interesting cos we'll all be drunk. ;)

Oh yeah have a look here at what we do :t-up:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/115527-manchester-trip-to-salzburg/

Cheers Paul I will definitely take you up on that offer, going to see PeteG's 3.9 on Monday and hopefully if alls well I'll be stuck in M25 traffic later that day ;)

When is your Christmas meet?

Hello and welcome. Pete's car is a cracking example; what a fantastic introduction to Westfielding it would make!