• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

How about

CraigHew

A members Library section or Reading Room where members could upload and download a variety of material.

I'm thinking build manuals, technical articles, bulletins, press releases, factory literature etc etc.

Also with potential for uploading and downloading ebooks (pdf, Epub, Mobi) which may prove of interest to others????

Just a thought...?

Technically, not difficult.  By not difficult, I mean I am bright enough to do it, which makes a change. :d

This could be set up so that only members could see, upload or download most of those sorts of things.

There a limited number of file types that the system software will accept, mainly Word, Excel and PDF docs.  I don't think we'd be comfortable with eBook formats (or that the system will even take it).

NOTE: It would not be a repository for photos, videos or music!

There's also the matter of copyright infringement.  We'd have to be convinced that whatever gets uploaded is with the owner's consent, which the submitter would have to prove.  So uploads would require Admin clearance before being allowed to go live, and Admins would have the final say on any uploads and if it had to be removed for whatever reason.

If that's acceptable, we can take a look at it.

(There is already a sub-section in Tech Talk for advisories, service bulletins and recalls.)

Your suggestions are acceptable to me but I'd welcome the wider membership views.

Not trying to create "work" here for anyone, just trying to suggest practical improvements...