Any diesel experts about?

Andrew O Byrne White - Ireland AO

Are there any sensors in the intercooler pipes that could be covered in oil,? If so worth a clean ? I had a similar issue where I had a sticky egr valve but also a tiny hole in the intercooler that allowed just enough oil into the air side of the system to clog the air flow/ temp sensor and made diagnosis even harder

The MAF/temp sensor is right up at the air box, before the turbo so shouldn't have any oil near it. I replaced it when I had the problem first too. There was some oil in the pipes and intercooler so I'll take the EGR off this week and clean that. Hopefully thatll be all!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to the bottom of this.  The split hose was in fact the only thing originally wrong.  When I swapped out the MAF sensor before I found the hose, I replaced a good old part with a brand new faulty one so I've been chasing my tail for about three weeks now!  Ah well, at least I have a nice clean intercooler, EGR, throttle body, boost control valve, MAP sensor..... that list could go on for a while.

I think the lesson for me is not to buy unknown brand sensors that rely on extremely sensitive precious metals from ebay.