• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ride to Blackpool illuminations on Saturday 3rd October.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello all.

On Saturday 3rd October I am planning the following trip.

I went over to Blackpool last year in Buttercup for the illuminations and had a great day and I am going to be doing it again.

I intend to go through the Dales, over to the Lake District and then drop down to Blackpool for the illuminations before driving home.

We will be having breakfast, dinner and tea out and will be enjoying the scenery.

Yes it is a long day but it is enjoyable and would love to meet a few people on the route if anyone would like to join us.

Here is my proposed route.

BLACKPOOL%20ILLUMINATIONS_zpsp48pqz0l.pn

Does anyone fancy coming.

I'm Sure Martin is arranging a similar run on the 30th September mate, might be worth putting your heads together for this one.

Geoffrey

Just to confirm, we would be driving to Blackpool on the Saturday and returning early hours Sunday morning? If this is the case then I would be interested in joining you.

Roger

Thanks Shaggy for pointing it out.

Just checked my emails and seen it.

I cannot go on a Wednesday as at work.

I wont push this trip but will just leave it as an open invitation as I will be going anyway.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Blackpool lights on a saturday night, it will be chokka.

Hi.

Thanks for the message.

Unfortunately I work away and I am only at home one day a fortnight so I have to go on the Saturday or not at all.

Hi Geoff, sorry can't make it as we have some friends coming round. Also a little too far for me due to family commitments.

Hi Rickyboy.

Thanks for letting me know.

I have plenty more runs planned so no worries.

Don't forget, you don't have to do all the run.

Does anyone know of any good, safe parking in Blackpool they would recommend that is near the tower area.

Seriously on a Saturday I wouldn't want to leave my Westy unattended in Blackpool :(

As you can see on a Wednesday last year it was very quiet ;)

Try and PM Steve Livesey (Lancashire AO) he may be able to suggest somewhere safe to park, he lives in Lytham St Annes :t-up: