Caterham 13" R400/R500 wheels with Avon ZZR Sprint Tyres

AdamR

Hi all,

I have a set of Caterham 13" R400/R500 wheels with Avon ZZR super soft sprint tyres which won't fit my new car, so they have to go.

Front: 6x13" wheels, Ford PCD and bore, ET24. Great condition, no kerbing, dings or buckles, but a small amount of bubbling to the inside. 185/55r13 tyres, date stamped 0313 but always been stored in a dry warehouse out of sunlight. Have very few heat cycles and still 4mm of tread remaining.

(Click photos for larger versions)

catwheels1.JPG

Rear: 8x13" wheels, Ford PCD and bore, ET24. Great condition, no kerbing, dings or buckles, but a small amount of bubbling to the inside. 215/55r13 tyres, date stamped 0313 but storage / heat cycles as above. 4.5mm of tread remaining on these.

catwheels2.JPG

A bit of pickup from the last event but that will come off with a few road miles or half a lap of track use! (Wheels just been washed, hence the odd photo)

catwheels3.JPG

Tyres approx £450 new, closest wheels available now are the CSRs (7" front and 9" rear) at just shy of £800 a set new, so I think £550 for these would be a fair price? Can deliver to anywhere in mainland UK for £25 extra, or collection from near Preston (or anywhere else if I'm out and about in your neck of the woods).

Cheers,

Adam

Very very tempted!!!

At Anglesey for a track day on 4th Sept if that helps, so will be passing - ish - and Oulton on 13th September... :)

Yes - providing I have someone happy to take for the fronts :t-up: I guess £300 rear and £250 front, ish?

Hi Adam. I'm interested in these, but they are to go on a fury. Why won't they fit on the Phoenix?

They won't fit on my Fury at the rear due to being too wide. Mine's an IRS with drums. I think you could do it with some arch chopping / extending but it's not something I fancy doing.

Edit: Just had a check. The upper wishbone to upright mount fouls the inside edge of the rim. You could make them fit by spacing the wheel away from the hub about 20-25mm, but then the wheel would stick out from the tub by that much. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks Adam. That makes sense. Mine is a live axle with discs. (none of this new fangled IRS stuff) I will have a look tomorrow night to see what room I have and if they have not sold I'll drop you an email.

No probs. Hub face to front of wheel is about 4", to rear is just under 6" - hope that helps.

Caterham wheels sold pending transfer of funds. Thanks.

Caterham wheels being posted today, Minilites also now sold to BudSlater - thanks :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.