D7PNY

I don't think people realise how much we need hoods and heaters up here Dave!  :xmas:

Any photo's?

I couldn't make it to Golspie as I had to work when you were up.

Good news, sounds like a satisfying job!

I used u-clamps around the rear roll hoop stays rather than jubilee clips as I was worried the metal edge could rub through. No pictures I'm afraid but there's some of my hood fitted in my gallery :t-up:

Don't worry about the u channel, it's surprisingly strong and I found there was no movement once fitted, even with some flappage of the roof!

Think we need some pictures of yours now! :d

Not the best picture as we were out all day yesterday and just grabbed a quick picture in the garage.

halfhood_zpstzo3lgfr.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

Quote:
However, anyone else with a playskool roll bar and after a half hood I can confirm that the Westfield msa half hood fits a treat

Thanks.  I was looking for a half hood with a playskool roll bar. That's saved me a lot of searching  :yes:

• Like 1

Quote:

However, anyone else with a playskool roll bar and after a half hood I can confirm that the Westfield msa half hood fits a treat

Thanks.  I was looking for a half hood with a playskool roll bar. That's saved me a lot of searching  :yes:

Glad it's helped.  My only regret is messing about and wasting time chasing soft bits for sevens and not just ordering this one from wesfield sooner.

Going to buy a bag for it from soft bits as the bag it comes with isn't the best but overall I'm really happy with how it sits on the car.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I want to buy also a half hood for my Westfield, can you tell me what half hood I must buy that fits the Westfield roll bar?

Patrick

I spread some of the half hood on Plays-Kool earlier in the year. Only downside is the drawstring bag as supplied is a bit pants so a Soft Bits one would be nicer.

• Like 1

You mean the drawstring back without a drawstring?!  Agreed, looking at getting a soft bits one to replace mine as I figure its an off the shelf bit of kit for them.

Dave

Oh mine has a drawstring but its just butt ugly. On a similar par to a £5 folding chair bag.

Got the westy at work this morning as dropping it off to garage after work to look at misfire/fueling issue so first trip out with the half hood.

Can't believe the difference it makes! Actually quite civilised (...ish)  :d

Noticeably more exhaust noise and restricts visibility a touch but really chuffed with it

Support bars are a definite requirement as without them I feel it would have been bowing a fair bit in the middle.  Roof bars held it just nicely and tested up to approx 70mph with little or no flapping  :t-up:

Dave

• Like 2

Glad it's helped.  My only regret is messing about and wasting time chasing soft bits for sevens and not just ordering this one from wesfield sooner.

Going to buy a bag for it from soft bits as the bag it comes with isn't the best but overall I'm really happy with how it sits on the car.

Dave

In stock at westfield :-)

Bags from http://l-s-d.co.uk/shop look a good option,  £75 with Westfield embroided on the ends

My screen has a convenient threaded hole in the centre inner edge. I made up a bit of a wingbolt and spreader plate to hold the centre of the channel in place, just in case it tried to lift in the centre and snap. As long as you are careful attaching and removing the channel it won't break but with any stress on it is notoriously weak and I believe they are ridiculously dear to by and a pain to re-attach.

Bob ;)