Drive through the Dales and Into the Lake District. 08.08.15

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Onliestsmeg.

The drive is not till next weekend so not gone yet.

ooops  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

I'd love to do more runs out and not too worried about distance.

The more there are the more chance one will fall when I can make it.

And due to being able to take flexi often a weekday pm suits me more, with late notice often ok.

So as Dave said, keep pushing and don't loose heart

• Like 2

Hi,

Should be a good day out and I'm in Leeds so you will be passing by.

Keen to join if I am available and weather is good.

Regards

Michael.

• Like 1

Hi Ainsworth.

I will send you a PM nearer the time if the weather forecast is still ok and we can sort out a meeting place.

Geoffrey.

Geoffry,

What a shame you are feeling so disheartened. I think you come across as a friendly, open, easy going couple, full of enthusiasm for taking Buttercup on a lovely run.

You are going to the right places but you have a disadvantage of starting right over on the east coast, for instance I have Matlock which is the centre of the country! Naturally I can pick up members from lots of other areas and even engineer my route to start or finish near them to keep it a more local affair.

I spent the first year of owning my car going out alone and looking to meet others. It wasn't happening, I still enjoyed great days out but I always think it is better to do it with some like minded friends. I joined the WSCC and ended up doing a lot of motorway miles to get to the start of my nearest runs in Yorkshire. When I ventured into making my own routes I just thought, well I am going here and doing this and if someone else wants to come along then it is better for them and for me. Luckily people keep coming and we always have a laugh and the Peak District always provides a great playground.

So if you are going out in your car, my advice is to keep posting and you will get some takers. Also, I like to read the write up and look at the pictures when you have been  :)

Good luck

Julie

• Like 1

Please don't stop if I had not be moving house we would have been with you

• Like 1

Thanks Fastphil.

I will probably do another run over at the end of August as I will have a look at some of the roads mentioned earlier.

Thank our for the nice comment.

Eh Up Geoff,

I would have been joining you for this run, looks good  :t-up: , but preparing for a small jaunt around Europe with the Manchester Gents back end of August  :) , keep an eye out for our posts might give you some ideas for the future  ;)

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Marcus.

Your trip sounds like fun. Don't forget plenty of pictures.

• Like 1