What do I need to drive my westfield on the continent.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello team.

Can anyone advise me on what I need to do or require to drive Buttercup on the continent.

Petrol?

Tell your insurance company as some policies need to be notified in advance of you travelling abroad to ensure you recieve the full level of cover.

Continental brakedown cover is a good investment and i suggest checking if this will repatriate the car back to the UK or simply get you to the nearest garage for repair.

I also make a list of places i might be passing on route where i might be able to buy some of the common and also less common service parts that are specific to my engine.

• Like 1

Thankyou men for the fast and great replies and also for the link.

spare wheel?????????????

• Like 1

Definitely get proper recovery and read very carefully the policy with regard to values for recovery and accommodation or alternate vehicles. Some are very low and will either result in your expense or cutting your holiday short unnecessarily. One friend who had an incident chose badly and to wait 6 weeks for his car to be trans shipped home.

Tie wraps hose clips and duck tape should do it with spare oil water and fuel. On the auto routes or bahns the service stations can be a long way apart and the range of a westies is short and can catch you out if you ignore one and wait for the next one......

• Like 1

A name change to le bouton d'or?

• Like 1

Fingers crossed we get daily updates and lots of pictures. Your trip to Scotland made fantastic viewing.

• Like 1

Awwwww, Thanks Julie.

I am contemplating a drive round Lake Como and back again.

Still going to Scotland though next year

• Like 1

you need to carry stuff like hi-vis vests etc in case you break down in some European countries so as it's been suggested, consult a reputable source.

Oh, and a phrase book or app

• Like 2

You'll need a trailer to carry all the extra stuff to be compliant in France, Germany and Italy.

• Like 1

Make sure you take an additive to convert the left hand drive petrol to right hand drive. Plays havoc with your steering otherwise :)

• Like 3