The Things People Throw Away

Mooch

Council tips are (mostly if not all) run by private companies. I'm sure part of their contracts is that the act of handing in your "rubbish" for them translates into "voluntarily transfers ownership" to the contractors. Which would make the act of taking something of the tip, theft from the contractors... Yup, it's a good way of spending tax money I'm sure...

THe tip near my ex collects and lays out anything they think is worth reuse in front of a couple of containers and in buckets at the end of each of the raised aisles. Ideal. Why can't they all be like that?

Daniel

• Like 1

Great idea. I guess all that don't want to do it will just hang their excuses firmly on the liability hook. An easy cop out, but a great shame.

i once had a call to go to a site clearance and chip a load of "old Hedge" and dead trees.  Turned into 1 cubic metre of Box wood and 12 cubic metres of walnut.... 

box wood @ £3,000 per cube and walnut @ £600/cube 

1*3000+12*600=£10k just over

What did you charge them for talking it away?

Daniel