The Things People Throw Away

Mooch

Doing the Recycle run to the local tip today.  In the scrap metal skip I saw an interesting red box and opened it up.  This is what was in it.  It's been recycled, but not the way the scrap man was intending.....nuff said....

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-07%20at%2016.30.

I didn't have my own before this, so I'm a lucky bear!   :d  :t-up:

• Like 2

Mooch, do me a favour and PM me 6 numbers between 1-49, cheers! :d

• Like 2

Isn't taking stuff from a recycling centre theft? ;)

I'm sure Mike traded in some of his own rubbish for it, so it's more like a swap :d

result :t-up:

Mooch, do me a favour and PM me 6 numbers between 1-49, cheers! :d

Too late mate I've already got them..............

• Like 2

Isn't taking stuff from a recycling centre theft? ;) Nice find though!

Yes it is.  But if this was going to get melted down then I'm prepared to bend the law!

I'm sure Mike traded in some of his own rubbish for it, so it's more like a swap :d

If the Guru says it's OK, then I'm in the clear.  No jury in the world would convict!

Thats a good find!

Tips are where you see the worst jobsworth in my mind. Any reasonable person would have no problem with something being removed like that and yet at our tip you cannot remove anything at all.

The mission statement reads some bulls*** about reducing waste and yet they stop you reducing it. It all seems petty "if I cannot have it you can't" playground stuff to me.

But that was a great result

Took my old (effin) heavy CRT 32" flat screen TV to the tip last year, (All 55kg of it).

I asked one of four or five younger lads that were working there if they'd help me get it off the tale gate of the pickup and into the container where you're supposed to leave them. - they'd already stood watching me struggling to drag it on to the tail gate, by this point. All refused to help, quoting health and safety and manual lifting etc, which I guess is their right...

But the guy that runs the dump came over and apologised, he's been there years, and recognises me, anytime I have "useful" stuff to throw away, I always took it over to him or his older mates, (presumably replaced by the lads) and asked if it was any good to them. I still see them using some of my bit and pieces in the cabins!

Anyhow, he said sorry, there wasn't much he could do about the lads, they all knew their rights to the last dot. I must admit, I thought he was going to help me down with the TV, and felt a little bit guilty, but he just winked and said "if they think they know the rules better than me they'd better think on". Then he told me just to kick the TV off the back of the tail gate!

It exploded in to lots of little pieces, which with great amusement, he made them all clean up.

• Like 3